The Final Trade

Started by Madsnake, June 26, 2011, 03:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madsnake

you know that moment in cartoons when the light bulb goes over the characters head when they have a ripper idea, that just happened to me.

This trade will finalise my team for the rest of the year*

*unless of course big injuries

So here are my genius finishing trades for this round:

$98k sitting in my bank

J.Selwood---> D.Swan (pocket $30K)
$128k in the bank
J.Riewoldt/A.Didak---> $380k forward

4 trades remaining

no more rookies in the starting line up.
4 trades is enough to cover injuries and all my bench are scoring at least 60

genius or what?

LaHug

Personally, I don't think you have enough trades to be getting rid of Selwood. You don't need Swan and Selwood should come back firing. Also, as much as it hurts to say, you might not even have enough trades to get rid of Didak/Riewoldt. I'd hold on until round 19 when Richmond have their bye. If you still have all of your trades left, trade out J. Roo then.
Unless, of course, you're in hot contention for overall and/or still in Eliminator and can't afford to miss any points!

Madsnake

i'm not really in either of those, 8,000 ish overall and lost eliminator a few weeks ago, but i see what you mean, i may aswell go for the league wins now and just keep the overall ticking over... i'll see how i'm feeling midweek and if didak is injured and how long for.

Windigo

You kept him for 2 weeks. Might as well keep him for the remainder.

LaHug

Quote from: Windigo on June 26, 2011, 07:35:03 PM
Exactly! This is why I'm so pleased with having an 8th forward (Dawes :S) to cover for any mids by switching a Chapman or Goodes in there. Didn't pay dividends this week but did last week.
Definitely keep Selwood and wait and see with the forwards!

Madsnake

Quote from: Windigo on June 26, 2011, 07:35:03 PM

yeh but that's because i've always planned on getting swanny when he's cheap and in form and now is the time, i make cash from getting in swan, at the start of the season that wasn't possible, it's a double upgrade.

Spite

You have 98k without that trade which is enough for ~350k forward, maybe 360k, which can get you a nice premium...
May as well keep Jelwood!

Windigo

You'll have no trades left B.H.  ::)

QuoteYou have 98k without that trade which is enough for ~350k forward, maybe 360k, which can get you a nice premium...
^

Madsnake

Quote from: Spite on June 26, 2011, 07:45:30 PM
You have 98k without that trade which is enough for ~350k forward, maybe 360k, which can get you a nice premium...

yeh you're right but selwood has a bye in the semis anyway and swanny doesn't... 4 trades is enough... maybe

Andrew

I'd be trying to hold Selwood seeing as you have for 2 weeks and selling someone else for Swan. If you can swap Didak into midfield, maybe he'd be worth upselling to Swan - particularly if Didak misses next week... Good luck fellow Eagles fan!

Spite

Quote from: Madsnake on June 26, 2011, 07:49:09 PM
Quote from: Spite on June 26, 2011, 07:45:30 PM

yeh you're right but selwood has a bye in the semis anyway and swanny doesn't... 4 trades is enough... maybe

If you are that desperate to not have a bye in the final, here is what you do.

Keep that trade by keeping selwood.

Use that trade to trade selwood out in round 23 during his bye for a player in hot form.

That way, you can judge whether or not you need to trade him out and it allows you to hold some trades in hand in case of some serious injuries. And we all know that selwood is not going to drop massively in price any time soon...

Madsnake

yeh, i guess you're right spite... sadly i think i'll just have to hold on the trade button for a while boys

Problems

I'd love to come up against you in the finals if you're playing either JRoo or Didak with their current form..

If you're set to get in the finals then hold your trades til then, if you can cover Jelwood til then you got no problems so use your last trades on getting your fwd line together

yorgis

4 trades may not be enough for iinjuries, the way some of these so called premos are going down like flies.what about trades for players with byes in league finals?

Madsnake

Quote from: yorgis on June 26, 2011, 09:13:27 PM
4 trades may not be enough for iinjuries, the way some of these so called premos are going down like flies.what about trades for players with byes in league finals?

i only have selwood and enright from Geelong, Gibbs from Carlton and Rawlings From North Melb. i Have heaps of cover so i'm not really that worried about not scoring well. i had Buddy, Gram, Selwood and Goddard all out this week and still scored 2176 so with one or two players out i'll be fine, but i would like to get rid of Jvolt and dids.