Pies resting in round 23 vs Freo?

Started by wcarey, July 14, 2011, 12:40:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wcarey

Not sure if this has been brought up yet? Couldnt find another similar thread.

With the trip to Perth in round 23 maybe Pendelbry/Shaw/Cloke types that have played most if not all games may be rested, depending on whether they have top spot sewn up by that stage. Swan has obviously had break so maybe he will be safe. Mick will want to bow out with a flag and doubt he'll hesitate in resting guys that round if he thinks it will be beneficial.

Anyway if this happens it may be devostating for those with minimal trades  :'(

Billz

Highly doubtful, Mick will want the same team to stay together as much as possible, as it will allow for them to keep up the momentum as they approach the finals. So to rest anyone at only 2 weeks out from finals would be stupid. Round 18 is when, if at all, players will be rested.

The Silent Partner

I have this fear also but continuity in the playing group is vital I dont see them resting many maybe one or two if they have a niggle. I doubt Swan will rest and Pendles still surely has a chance of the brownlow. My hunch is they may rest Cloke and let Leigh brown play the role up front. Could be interesting I support Freo so rest up boys we need the win ;D

Bluke

Mick has never been one to rest players iirc.

Did he rest players going into last seasons final series?

I'm more worried about geelong players being rested in 24