83k rookie

Started by wardie, June 22, 2009, 11:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wardie

Looking to downgrade Raines, i have 7 defenders playing and broughton on bench. looking to get an 83k rookie to make the most cash i can.

Anyone got any information on any of the 83k rooks? I see C.Pearce is playing atm but will he hold his spot?

Don't necessarily need them playing right now but would like someone who may be in the mix at some stage. Will Suckling play again this year as he seems to be another who has a chance. 

Hawks_1976

Suckling is back on the rookie list and won't play again i wouldn't have thought.
Pearce may not hold his spot, I think Freo are rotating a lot of kids through their team atm. Pearce had hamstring tightness during yesterdays game so may miss.
Problem is that there are not really any cheap defenders looking to debut or on the bubble.
Keep an eye out for Daniel O'Keefe or maybe Matthew Broadbent to debut soon.

Watto

It sounds as though you don't really need another rookie playing.

I know that this would mean having Broughton on the field, and no emergency for the backline, but don't be afraid to just pick some guy who is only going to play a couple of games

wardie

i would have broughton on bench,

BACKLINE: Goddard, P.Burg, Hurn, Adcock, enright, grimes, drummond (broughton, raines)

I can just see raines as wasted cash so will downgrade and use money to upgrade in rucks as i have COX but only graham and white as second rucks.

So i am just looking to see who would be the best 83/94k rook to take and hope that they have a chance to play at some stage.

Hawks_1976

Yep its a good move.
Also, Graham has peaked so you could trade him and get any other ruckman except Sandilands.
Jolly probably the smartest pick as White would step up if he got injured.

wardie

who should be the rookie to chose then??

If suckling is not an option i can not really see anyone else that is appealing. Pearce seems to have picked up an injury so no good there.

Anyone got any suggestions?

bombers123

why any other ruckman but sandilands hawks? whats wrong with him?

yeahsup

too expensive dumbass

bombers123

settle down mate we cant be all as smart as you

wardie

he won't be too expensive once i make the Raines trade. Should make me about 180k and i have 76 in bank already so should have enough cash for SANDI should i want to go with him.

see him as overpriced currently tho so i am thinking make the raines trade and hold off on SANDI for one week considering his be is around 100. I know he will prob reach that but HMAC also has high be so hoping one of them has a quiet game and make upgrade next week.

Hawks_1976

I didn't know you had money in the bank. So you can upgrade to any ruckman. But don't wait a week, because Graham's price will drop if he plays.
With Pearce the only rookie defender on the bubble, your choices are thin.
But you have expressed that its not vital that this player gets game time ( as you have Broughton for cover ).
So as I said, if Pearce doesn't get picked, look to see if D.O'keefe or Broadbent get named this week.

wardie

sorry didn't mention i had some cash in bank already. I think the following trade will be the best.

OUT Raines IN Pierce/any other 83k rook

OUT Graham IN Jolly/Hmac/Sandi.

Don't think that sandi is worth the extra cash as jolly has a very similar average and has shown he can produce some MASSIVE scores at times and will only make more cash.

Remaining money will be used to upgrade RICH/HURN/GRIMES/M.CLARKE when needed.

will have to be done on thursday when teams come out but looking to get hodge into mids i think as there are some premium backs that are looking nicley priced at the moment (fisher, newman ect...)