Main Menu

Bartel

Started by worldbeater21, June 19, 2011, 09:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

worldbeater21

GEELONG could lose three players for its bid to win a 13th straight game when it hosts Adelaide on Sunday.

Brownlow medallist Jimmy Bartel was heavily concussed for the second time this year and the club will take no risk whatsoever with his health, while Darren Milburn and James Kelly are under a cloud after pulling up hurt after Saturday night's clash against St Kilda.

"He copped a bit of a whack and he didn't really know what he was doing after the game," Geelong's general manager of football Neil Balme said yesterday.

"He may well play - they do the CogSport test and a lot of other 'how are they' tests, but we certainly wouldn't take any risk.

"If there's any doubt, we won't play him."

Teammate Paul Chapman told Triple M radio that Bartel was in a bad way.

"After the game I tried to talk to him and he was in la-la land ... he is a hard man Jim and you know if he struggles to get up, he had been hit pretty well," Chapman said.

Milburn has a sore achilles and will be treated through the week. Kelly has an ankle strain.

"They both need to be treated, so there's a chance they won't come up," Balme said.

Ago97

good work mate
probably already knew bartel would be out because of the concussion rule but thanks for the update on milburn and kelly

Davoo

to be honest, i wouldnt mind playing one of my rookies for him this week!

elephants

Bartel -> Rockliffe. Wasted Trade?

BART isn't playing mids anymore and looks likely to be nursed through the remainder of the season up to finals. I have no one missing on rocky's Multi Bye Round...

eski_liddr

i'd hold him. Some bargains in fwd line!

Alka

You know what would have really hurt, if anyone went Mundy -> Bartel.
I saw a few suggestions like that floating around... OUCH, you'd probably just give up on DT right there and then.

As much as I hate to hope for a player to be injured, I have a crucial league game coming up and my opponent has no cover for Jimmy (already has NDS), so... kind of hoping he misses one? You know, for his own good.