Best defense players UG

Started by chappo44, June 17, 2011, 02:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chappo44

So i'm having a little trouble with my defense. It is pretty good now but I'm not sure who to upgrade too. I've cut it down to these defenders and why I think they will be a good/bad pick
Suckling- avg. 93.6     Plays GC twice, plays relatively easy teams, 1 bye remaining
Birchall- avg. 90.3       Plays GC twice, plays relatively easy teams, 1 bye remaining
Shaw- avg. 93.1        Will finish bye and I can bring him in next week, Can get tagged out of it
Fisher- 89.4              Bye out of way next week, Only plays a few decent teams, Potentail hard run through finals
Scotland- 99.2          Bye during finals- will be too hard to cover with 2 other carlton player so cant really fit him in structure

So the top 4 are the ones im considering, all about even as well.
Relating to DT which 2 players would be the best long term UG's. If i go shaw/fisher byes are out of way early, or I could go a hawks player for obvious reasons. While the averages dont reflect much they are handy to have. I might chose 1 of suckling or birch and then 1 of shaw or fisher.

Thoughts and suggestions. Thanks in advance.
*not interested in malceski*

chaser

Suckling. Reasonably cheap for his av. Reasonably consistant and has a huge ceiling

Ago97

For you my friend suckling is the best option

thanme

Why aren't you interested in Malceski, just out of curiosity??

Personally, I'll be picking up Shaw and Fisher after their respective byes. I know Shaw is a rollercoaster, but he's been killing it more often than not.

chappo44

Quote from: thanme on June 17, 2011, 02:56:35 PM
Why aren't you interested in Malceski, just out of curiosity??

Personally, I'll be picking up Shaw and Fisher after their respective byes. I know Shaw is a rollercoaster, but he's been killing it more often than not.

Not a fan, too many injuries but then again some of my other choices have been injury prone players. only played 2 full seasons.

thatguy

Quote from: chaser on June 17, 2011, 02:40:45 PM
Suckling. Reasonably cheap for his av. Reasonably consistant and has a huge ceiling
hawks love the ball in his hands too