Good Trades or Not?

Started by CrowsFan, June 11, 2009, 01:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Ok so before this last round I was ranked 692, then had a shocker (no help from Drummond who I traded in for Cornes) and have dropped to 1922. This is only my second season playing so still pretty happy.
Here is my team:
Backs
Goddard, Lockyer, Drummond, Hargrave, Houlihan, Grimes, Broughton (Hill, Raines)
Mids
Ablett, Selwood, Kornes, Hasleby, Otten, Coughlan (Hartlett, Muston)
Rucks:
Cox, McIntosh (Spencer, Jacobs)
Forwards
S Johnson, Pavlich, Goodwin, Deledio, N Brown, Higgins, Gray (Sidebottom, M Brown)

At the moment I have 10 trades left and $579,600 in the bank.
I was thinking of upgrading Otten to Dal Santo and Gray to Riewoldt, this would leave me with $ 249,300in the bank. What do you guys think? Or should I focus on something else? Is Aaron Davey worth a look, he is so cheap at the moment?
Thanks to anyone who helps out

Pweter

Both solid moves.

Gray to Riewoldt is a great move, especially with Gray in serious doubt with injury this week, plus his history of soft tissue injury might come back to bite him the longer the season goes on.

NDS exploded out of the blocks this season but has been a bit inconsistent since depending on whether he cops a heavy tag or not. Still, his best is way better than Otten's and his worse is probably around the same mark as Otten's. You could also consider getting Marc Murphy who has had a super consistent year, lowest score of 98, but will cost you about $45K more.

mickpj

murphy never scores under 100 really, so he'd be a good pickup.

i'd personally go for goodes. he's in such good form at the moment, and he often plays well in the 2nd half of the year.

CrowsFan

Ok so I am going to hold off getting Riewoldt for this round mainly because Coughlan has been dropped and not sure about his security in the side now Rawlings is in charge, and also in the hope he drops in price a bit. Instead I'm going to trade Coughlan to Judd. I know Murphy always scores 100 but there are never any high hundreds, whereas with Judd he can score massive. What do you think?

lovepelican

How about Judd and NDS for Otten and Coughlan.

Uses two trades but very solid mid, and this is where the points are at

CrowsFan

lovepelican that is exactly what I am planning to do. I guess i forgot to mention in my last post that I was still planning on trading Otten for NDS. Thanks for agreeing with me

gards

Ouch....
Roo is having a massive one and Judd has busted his nose.....
The joys of hindsight.

Hondo71

If i had the choice right now of Judd v Murphy I'd pick Murphy

You should have got Riewoldt ... maybe next round?