Thompson for captain

Started by Isotopes21, June 09, 2011, 05:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isotopes21

Is this crazy? Playing at AAMI where he averages 123 this year from 6 matches. This week he plays the eagles who nearly lost to GC.

BarnDogg

Who else you got? The Crows are struggling at the moment, will get the Selwood tag.

yorgis

great scorer but i think the big cox will be a better option

Isotopes21

I've got Gibbs, Goddard and Boyd if I trade him in this week. Doesn't look great either way does it? Last week I got burnt badly selecting Judd!

G()D

out of those four i would go with goddard, seems to have found some form and is an absolute gun

PowerBug

Will get a Selwood tag. West Coast have given away the least amount of this year, i think? Will be tough. Should score at least 90.

thanme

I traded in Thompson last week, so he's due another stinker before he comes good again :P True story. Has happened to me with Goodes and Redden this year :(

BillyPil

I don't understand the sudden criticism of Thompson. The Crows have been struggling all season, he's either been head to head with premium mids or gotten the number one tag from opposition teams all along, and he's been pumping out some massive scores.

He had the dreaded Jones tag against the Saints and still scored 103!

Plus he's very durable, and not likely to miss games.

If you are going for league, I don't know why you wouldn't consider him.

Just what in the world is this "feeling" of yours telling you?

BillyPil

ahem... the feeling bit there was in reference to another thread.
That said, I think we should all feel comfortable with expressing our feelings on these boards.

lukedogg17

dont do it. i did it last week ahead of selwood cox pendles swan and lost my league by 20. purely the fault of thompson

Chelskiman

I thought about Thompson last week for captain and dropped out at the last minute.  Great player, and I'm happy to have him in my team, but he's not captain material considering I have Pendles, Selwood and Cox.