Bring in Sylvia/Scotland/Broughton, enable Knights/Broughton to bench

Started by Nails, June 07, 2011, 12:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

I was thinking taking a risk on... (ugh... hate to admit it...) trading Broughton, back in  :-X

Therefore I'm thinking... with 11 trades left and $18,400 in the bank...

Round 12

Stanley > Howard = 10 trades 194,300 in the bank
Lower > Broughton = 9 trades and 144,500 in the bank

then in 2 weeks Sylvia should be ~320K

Round 14

Therefore Matera > Sylvia = 8 trades and 23,900
Vickery > Jipett = 7 trades and 141,900

Round 15
Scotland should be around $392K and Puopolo 255K...

Therefore Puops > Scotland = 6 trades and a few pennies in the bank.

This would leave me with a team of:

Gibbs, Scotland, Goddard, Fisher, Deledio, Enright, Heppell (Broughton, Toy, Howard)

Swan, Pendles, Boyd, Redden, Rockliff, Mundy (Hibberd, Jacobs, I. Smith)

Cox, Z. Smith (Jippett, Keeffe)

Stevie J, Buddy, Sylvia, Goodes, Higgins, N. Roo, Petrie (Knights, Dixon, Mzungu)

I could use my MPP to use coverage for mids in byes too.

Obviously I'd need a lot to go right, alternatively I could go Z. Smith > Jipett, but I'd have one less prem cover and Vickery instead stuck on the bench.

What do you guys think about this?

PowerBug

Broughton back in, no way! he'll go back to being a spud soon enough. I was thinking of doing the same with Saint Nick, you can't do it, it doesn't look good.

Nails

He'd only be starting 7 for a few rounds, otherwise a bench player, unless he continues this form...

Anyone else with some thoughts?

Chelskiman

What's the point in bringing him in if he's going to be warming the bench for most of the time.  If you bring him he's gotta play, otherwise don't bring him in at all.

team rohan

Trades are at a premium, I wouldn't waste one shifting Lower to Broughton if all he's going to do is sit on the pine. Personally I think Lower is more than capable as an 8th defender (except he gets subbed a bit too often for my liking) especially when you also have Heppell who can cover down back...

Nails

Might go Swan > Gazza instead of getting in Broughton...

It'll just be only 1 prem benchie then however. Though Gazza in for Swan = huuuge advantage in my elim matches next 2 weeks when both my opponent's bench him.

Nails

Broughton would only end up on the bench if he ended up being Spudton...

More thoughts anyone please? :D

Andrew

With how well Lower has been scoring you shouldn't be looking to sell him anytime over the next fortnight.