Melbourne midfielders...

Started by G()D, June 05, 2011, 09:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G()D

So I've been thinking that for my sixth mid spot i should get in one of the melbourne midfielders. Scully, Mckenzie. Moloney, Trengrove or Gizbertz all seem to have found some form, and with J-mar set to return soon Melbourne will be on the way up meaning that more possestions for their midfielders.

10 trades left

Moloney has shown thoughout this year that he can score big, but not sure if he can handle a tag so well
Trengrove is averaging 113 from his last four but is the most expensive out of the bunch (price 365k)
Scully looks back to form smashing out a 100 in his first game back for a while, but if dees are set on making finals will they try to rest him lat in the season?
Gizbertz has done shower all season but is the cheepest of the bunch
Mckenzie is a heavy tackler and has steady around the 70-90's mark all year, will he step it up as Melbourne step it up?

Or

Dont be crazy just save every penny and get in Pendles or Selwood even though you will be the same as everyone.

What should i do?

chatters24

I like that you're thinking outside of the box, something that not too many can do on here sometimes as we can have the sheep mentality. I don't think someone like trengrove will be able to sustain that form. However in saying that, I read an article in last years prospectus written by the 09 winner and he said that his success was largely contributed to picking players based on form and numbers, not just bc his name is Ablett. I did that this week and pick birchall in my backs instead of the popular choice of shaw an Enright.

If you do the trade, particularly for trengrove, it wouldn't be the silliest one!

hardnut

If you're going a Melb player then I'd go with Trengove. Who knows what will happen with Scully, Gysberts is a big no and Moloney s clearly finding the tag tough (having said that he does seem to do well with Jamar).

Archer11

I like your thinking. I'd go with either Moloney or Trengove. Moloney has dropped a bit in price due to some poor scores, which non coincidently coincided with Jamar's exit. If he can break a tag and Jamar starts jamming the ball down his throat again He could give your team a nice unique. Going on form it's hard to look past Trengove who is currently the best performing out of that bunch, but is also a bit riskier due to his age and experience. I liken him to Fyfe, great potential but unproven in a sustained premium season. In saying that all premiums have to start somewhere....

Slap

most of em are too young and therefore, too inconsistent for my liking.  They won't win every week and they won't be playing for soething everyweek (eg. last week they got labelled soft).  Unless they get called soft each week, they'll go back to normal.

G()D

The only withdrawals i have to melbourne players is that they have quite a tough run till the end of the season, Pies next week, still with gelong hawks westcoast and richmond twice, plust they have the mulit bye. In saying that they still play Port twice and GC. With port and GC in rounds 23 and 24

Slap

if you make it to ronds 23 and 24..