To Hodge or not to Hodge

Started by The Grundles, June 02, 2011, 11:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Has hit an amazing bit of form and finally looks fit...do I

Hodgey is a gun...he must be in your side!
5 (25%)
Yeah he is good, but there is better...weigh up the +/-
9 (45%)
A bit too risky due to his early season slump
6 (30%)
Forget about it!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

The Grundles

With a B/E of of 53 and recent scores of 130+ and 150+, Hodgey looks ready for plucking...
Current mids are:

Swan, Pendles, Boyd, Jelwood, ASwallow, Krakour/Chapman/Goodes

Thoughts? ???

The Grundles

If you think there are better midfielders that I should get, please list :)

Wes Mantooth

id go him. thing is ive already got shiels and dont want two haw mids.

lukedogg17

Quote from: The Grundles on June 02, 2011, 11:53:35 PM
If you think there are better midfielders that I should get, please list :)

hodge was my number 1 player to get, and bonus is that hes only 380 still. but i just did a poll and so far scott thompsons out front, couple of people liking gaz as well. tough i still dont know who to get either

The Grundles

Scotty T is having a stellar season no doubt, but just last year he was scoring 80's...I wonder why he has all of a sudden just taken that extra step, it's not like its his 3rd season haha

Ziplock

his average was respectable for the past couple of seasons, sometimes these things happen when you play in poor clubs eventually. I had the same thing happen when I changed soccer clubs, my new team was quite poor, and even though I hadn't been good before (and was playing the same division), I became a better player.

Maybe he just realised he needed to work harder to play a better game? 3rd year isn't the only year for break outs... look at someone like Fyfe :)

lukedogg17

maybe hes stepping it up as the only real senior player left? maybe hes fluking it and will average 90 from here on in. who knows! cant really pick i mid that im 100% on atm

DaBomb74

Quote from: The Grundles on June 03, 2011, 12:43:04 AM
Scotty T is having a stellar season no doubt, but just last year he was scoring 80's...I wonder why he has all of a sudden just taken that extra step, it's not like its his 3rd season haha

adelaide are too bloody bad and no one in there team is getting tagged anymore. So other clubs just let thomo run around and smash it out but hes the only one so it dont matter. when he getting tagged he scores around 70-95, untagged 90-140...thus thats what happening right now not getting tagged, if adelaide get better they will tag him but othewise no point.

He has had games like his last 4 games in the last 5 seasons, seems a little more determined without goodwin/edwards/mcleod though.

Holz

Montagna, has been a gun for years, has started poorly with stkilda slow start, they appear to be slowly improving and he is capable of some huge scores like hodgey. I would say he is probably less risky than hodge and has shown to be the better DTer in the past. Hodge at his best averages 110, montagna can push above 115. Definately worth the 20k or so extra.

I would also probably take mitchell ahead of hodge. He is unlikely to score as high but he typically is a given to psot you a nice 90-120 score. He was on 90 at halftime last week and stopped when the junk time started. Based of that i would rather have a guy who scores when the game in the balance when it matters rather than in junk time (cough suckling)

chaosAD

Go Hodge, i would if i had a spot for him but my last mid will be Pendles so i would vote Hodge.
What can you loose he is 380k and will ave 105 from now IMO good get!

FLOPITOUT1

Ay Grundles are you in DT TALK ENGLAND league.

The Grundles

Quote from: FLOPITOUT1 on June 03, 2011, 01:55:11 PM
Ay Grundles are you in DT TALK ENGLAND league.
certainly am Flopitout