Started by muffinman, June 03, 2011, 12:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muffinman

What do you guys reckons as a upgrade:

Harris - Scott Thompson

or

Harris - Luke Hodge

Bill Manspeaker

i have sorta the same problem... although Thompson is off-limits so i know i can't get him (he would be an awesome pick though) and Hodge would be a great option if not for the fact that i've heard a few people say he could get rested his round 24 match against Gold Coast, which has got me thinking he might not be a good pick? (only want a league win) so i dunno

so now i'm looking at Mundy and i might hit the trade button soon, even though his B/E is around 141.

in your case though mate i'd probably pick Thompson, absolute machine.

muffinman

yeah cheers for the advice....

i've still got $250,000 in the bank and after downgrading prestia to Mzungu I will have plenty of money still to play with but I want to buy the right premiums at the right time (when they are at their cheapest)

Bill Manspeaker

Thompson's B/E this week is around 98, and he should shower on that this week, so might be a good time to pick him up

Pendles B/E is 106 and he should easily get that so he might also be a good pick up, although Pies bye is coming up soon so you might wanna wait for that

BU1101

I had exactly the same dilemma. Exactly. After getting tendai in, I went thompson. With the non-league bye, consistent for the year so far and adelaides draw is amazing. Hodge is also more likely to get injured and reported. So I picked scott. Hope that helps.

fidou

No problem I'm getting both of them in today!!!!!

Holz

Sam MItchell, is extremely good value, if i were chosing between these 2 and him i would easily go mitchell. I would have got in mitchell but i brought in pendles instead. Mitchell score 90 in a half last game, hawks are playing a Dt happy gamestyle, he has only had 2 sub 100 scores and has posted some 120+ games. Is cheaper than hodge and has been much more consistent. Thompson at the moment looks good but i still have ussues about if he will keep it up (same for mundy)

Ziplock

I wouldn't be doubting either thompson or mundy at this stage of the game holz, they've more than proved themselves for me.

About mitchell.. he scored less than 20 points in a half when a hard tag was placed on him, and that's why his scoring has been down in recent times. I would be sweating bullets nearly every game that he would be unable to break his tag. That being said he has quite an easy line up coming. He plays the suns and bulldogs twice, injury riddled freo twice (although the second time they'll probably be closer to strength), north, port, melb, brisbane, which are all really easy games that he should ton up in easily. Geelong, Carlton, Collingwood and maybe essendon are the only teams I would be worrying about for him at this point in time.

And there's concern he may get rested in rd 24 vs the gold coast. Although, if he doesn't I would seriously consider captaincy.