Goddard out? Sandilands out? plus mzungu in?

Started by djff, June 02, 2011, 05:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djff

Hi all,

happy with my trades last week, getting ablett and puopolo. ablett could have done better but puopolo did very well!

i have wanted to trade Goddard out since round 2 or 3 but seemed to just get the jitters each time but now want him out. :)
also, mzungu maybe worth trading in for the potential cash rise.

(a) not sure if i should worry about mzungu, at all. (Trade 2)
(b) sandilands? maybe but thought to keep, anyway, although might be a trade out to get some cash for some other bg players. this woudl leave me with only two good rucks, though. (Trade 3)

wondering if anyone had any thoughts?

Trade left = 14
Money in the bank = $93,000

DEF:
Deledio, Gibbs, Adcock, Grundy, Duigan, Lower, Puopolo
subs = Heppell, Enright, O'Brien, J

MID:
Swan , Boyd, A. Swallow,  Ablett,  D. Swallow, Bewick
Subs = Goddard,  Curnow, Hibberd, M

Rucks:
Cox,  Smith, Z
Subs = Sandilands, Keeffe

FWD:
Franklin, Pavlich, Goodes, Petrie, Darling, Krakouer, Matera
Subs =McKernan, Richardson, K Harper

I am thinking I need to make one or two trades:
1. Goddard to Thompson , Murphy, Mundy, Judd or Selwood
- thinking Thompson as he won’t have a bye in the finals and is strong
- plus I need to get a stronger Midfield
- and I wanted to trade Goddard from  about Round 2 but somehow just did not do it…

2. Richardson to Mzungu
- Richardson is doing nothing anyway and Mzungu is on the rise, but this won’t leave me much cash (after Trade 1 goddard)

or Matera to Mzungu
- Matera- not sure if his injury is a problem or not
- this trade would give me a bit more cash if I need to make a trade of curnow next week to strengthen the Midfield when Swan is out.

or Bewick to  Mzungu
- bewick is a weak spot

or Curnow to Mzungu
- Curnow is injured for another 2-3 weeks, has a bye in the finals anyway and will give me a wad of cash after the trade (and if mzungu goes up even more)

OR
3. Sandilands to LEUENBERGER or McEvoy or Jacobs
- giving me some cash for a bigger midfield or forward
- plus, he is out for another 5 rounds (including teh bye)

Appreciate any thoughts on the trades or suggestions for better ones. 

cheers!

Fenno

why would you trade Goddard he is just coming back into form he ripped out a big score 2 weeks ago then last week was on 41 in the 1st quarter before getting smashed. Will play this week and probably score 100.

Stocutz

Quote from: Fenno on June 02, 2011, 05:34:02 PM
why would you trade Goddard he is just coming back into form he ripped out a big score 2 weeks ago then last week was on 41 in the 1st quarter before getting smashed. Will play this week and probably score 100.

+1

djff

yeah, that was one reason i kept him.
but then injured himself so thought he would not play his best this week
and i must have it in for him since he has lost me a lot of cash from the start of the season.  :) maybe i am biased?

Fenno

You have to undrestand if a player is a keeper and thats what Goddard is it doesn't matter how much money they make or loose because you won't be trading them. Most people have had him from the start of the year and you would be silly to trade him.

djff

well, ok. just thought Neck injury = not a good performance.
so, curnow is in this week, too.

so, assuming i keep goddard and curnow now, i will put D Swallow or Hibberd  on the bench (maybe).

any thoughts on the other trades? i still feel my Midfield and Forwards are weak.

teekeezy

Goddard and Curnow back on in my books, and looking over your team your mids are fine once those two come back. It's your defense that looks really leaky, three rookies on the field? Granted they have all shown something at one stage or another, but its far too variable for my liking. I'd be looking at one of your forward rookies down and then one of your defenders up to a prem, time to start bringing in guns there otherwise you're going to  tail off into not much.

djff

thanks for the reply. makes me think.

i have a few rookies as both forwards and defenders...
the averages for the rookie defenders seems much better than that for the forwards.

i was looking at some of the top 5 players and their defenders looked about the same but their forwards were much stronger, averaging 80 to 100 for each player.

so i was thinking maybe
dropping sandilands for LEUENBERGER or McEvoy or Jacobs or even kurt tippett.
and get a bigger forward, say, sylvia, Fyfe or O'keefe.

kurt tippet would allow me to move petrie to the ruck position later and with the money left over from sandilands to tippett buy sylvia or fyfe or o'keefe. 
that sounds good in theory.

this covers me for the WCE's bye and bolsters the forwards.

so many choices...