What happens to SC if AFL declares a draw due to volcanic ash

Started by Runnin Scared, June 15, 2011, 01:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Runnin Scared

With the vocanic ash jepordising flights to games, it may mean teams cannot fly interstate. The AFL has said they may, as a last resort, declare the game a draw without playing it. How will SC handle this scenario? Do we get their average? I know its pure specuulation at this stage, but needs to be considered.

Boomz

cortez

Slashers

almax

interesting scenario, i'd say they'd give the players average, seems the logical thing to do.

eagles929406

wont happen, IF and it a big if, they should just alter the draw, eagles v freo      port v adelaide     bris v goldcoast   so no teams have to travel bar sydney, who can bus to melb no problems. If teams are awarded 2 pts for a draw ill never follow footy again.

c4v3m4n

The AFL will make sure the games go ahead. There's too much money to be lost if the games don't go ahead.

They announced today that teams that have to travel interstate will have a private plane charted (fully paid for by the AFL) and arrive a day earlier than usual to combat the issue.

I'd be incredibly surprised if the games were called off. Very incredibly surprised. As for SC, they may even stop it for the week depending on how many games are called off, if any are called off.

North Melbournes Finest