What to do with this frustrating team

Started by Davoo, June 02, 2011, 07:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davoo

My starting line up this weekend:

BACKS: Goddard, Enright, Suckling, Gibbs, Lower, Puopolo, Jacobs (Deledio, lthompson, toy)

MIDS: Swan, Boyd, Murphy, Bartel, Heppell, Hibberd (harris, bewick, chapman)

RUCKS: Cox, Petrie (sandi, lkeeffe)

FWDS: Franklin, Sylvia, Riewoldt, Goodes, Krak, Higgins, Prestia (Matera, Richo, Jtippett)

Theres one thing for sure im doing this week and that is getting mzungu for harris. that will leave me with around 220k in bank. the question is what to do with that cash? As you can see my team isnt the strongest in midfield at all and i want a gun in there right now but how will i make room? i was thinking of upgrading krak but with chappy going down, id be forced to put richo on field and i am not too keen to get rid of krak now anyway. what to do? wait or jump on a mid?

langej

I'd Jump on Selwood (of the Geelong Variety of course!).

jvalles

Your weakest link on field is Prestia.  Heppell & Hibberd both could crack close to 100's against the Dees.  Any chance of upgrading Prestia in your forwards, or downgrade Prestia to Mzungu, making your forwards for the week stronger and if you have to upgrade Harris to a mid.

thanme

Yeah Prestia is a potential sub target again this week too.

Davoo

hmm was thinking of downgrading prestia but that will only allow me to get a mid thats just under 400k, i want either thompson, pendles, selwood etc, i also have faith in prestia to have a good score if he isnt the sub. hes gotten a 100 before so..

the thing with getting a fwd is that i have already done 2 fwd upgrades (chappy is in my fwd line, its just that hes out so i had to put prestia there) to me, my mid needs the most work. and its also the mids that are losing me my league matches. i cant seem to get a gun mid without risking to play richo, worth the risk?

gwilliams

Along the same lines as jvalles, you could trade Matera for Mzungu which gives you an extra 25K compared to Prestia. Should be able to do Harris to Thompson and maybe even Pendles

Davoo

yeah, ive thought of that too, ahah, but theres always one problem. i need mzungu in the mids for the mpp. im planning on trading krak in the mids which would leave me with no mpp there. might do krak > thompson/pendles/whoever

PowerBug

Gees this is a toughy. I would cop it for the week and then take it from there. My mids this week are Swan , Boyd , Priddis , D.Swallow , Hibberd , Jacobs. I would love to have your mids pver mine. Is Chapman worth holding onto in the Mids??

Ziplock

Just do the trades suggested, then next week downgrade bewick to callinan. MPP preserved.

Davoo

its selwood or pendles this week but im worried about having 3 geelong players so i might get pendles this week. the one thing im worried about if i get pendles this week is if i will have eough cash to get abother gun mid soon with no actual rookies hitting their peak yet!

chaosAD

i would do your Harris to Mzungu trade and then swap Krak and Prestia and upgrade Prestia to Hodge then get Pendles after his bye.
I think Hodge is super value @ 380k, doing this u would still keep Krak and then you can downgrade Matera for Callinan if named in the next few weeks and get Pendles after his bye.
This would leave you with a Midfield of Swan, Boyd, Murphy, Bartel, Pendles and Hodge.
Swap Heppel back to your Defence and your teams looking pretty good with Chappy back in your forwards you'll be cooking with gas with a best 22 team of ,

BACKS: Goddard, Enright, Suckling, Gibbs, Lower, Deledio, Heppel (rookie rookie rookie )

MIDS: Swan, Boyd, Murphy, Bartel, Pendles Hodge, (rookie rookie rookie)

RUCKS: Cox, Petrie (sandi, lkeeffe)

FWDS: Franklin, Sylvia, Riewoldt, Goodes, Krak, Higgins, Chapman ( Rooki rookie rookie)
This looks good to me !

Davoo

thanks for your advice chaos! i have thought of absolultely everything. even hodge. i guess im tossing up now if i should get hodge or a different midfielder. im worried about my hawks players too where getting hodge id have 4 hawks and if i got , say, thompson, thats be my only crows player. still undecided. dont want to cop a donut in rd 17 but might help me now

yorgis

trade matera for mzungu than upgrade harris to pendles. i think u should have enough cash. prestia and hibberd on the bench as emerg and play mzungu up forward and of course pendles