Am i mad buying Scott Pendles?

Started by dale93, June 01, 2011, 03:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dale93

Ok i know its only wednesday but i am pretty much sold on buying Pendles this week?

My midfield will then be set and be Swan,Boyd, Pendles, Selwood, Montagna and Dal Santo and the reserves in Conca,Mzunga and Jacobs....

Thoughts?Good or bad trade?

Fenno

Good trade he is the 1 missing bloke for your mids but maybe hold off till after his bye

Bazinga

I guess it depends on who you are using to upgrade him with. If its Harris or Libba then I think its a no-brainer to get him in this week. These guys have bottomed out after their poor scores last week, and Pendles should continue to score well while Swannie is playing on one leg. Lets hope Pendles avoids the Jones tag on Sat night   :-\

dale93

Quote from: Bazinga on June 01, 2011, 03:45:13 PM
I guess it depends on who you are using to upgrade him with. If its Harris or Libba then I think its a no-brainer to get him in this week. These guys have bottomed out after their poor scores last week, and Pendles should continue to score well while Swannie is playing on one leg. Lets hope Pendles avoids the Jones tag on Sat night   :-\

Yeah Libba and Harris out and Pendles and Mzunga in :) and yeah lets hope Jones goes to Daisy

Macman5005

Mundy could be another option as that would reduce the bye carnage of Collingwood and St Kilda with two from each team in the mids.

thatguy

personally i would wait until pies second bye is out of the way

Holz

im planning on getting rid of Sandi this week so i have will have around 300k, my forwards are pretty much set and stanley is my 7th back so i dont really want to upgrade him yet.

However my mids has harris as my 6th mid and im sick of him so i can get in anyone i want. I have Swan, Boyd, Selwood, Montagna, Bartel and i think pendles is probably the best player im missing. 

jabroni

im getting pendles this week too so i can complete my mids which will let me focus on my backs and forwards

The byes definetely made me think twice but in the end im still going to need to play 2 rookies on the pitch come round 13 if i wait it out (i dont want mundy or thompson over pendles) so why not enjoy pendles score over the next 2 weeks.

dale93

Quote from: jabroni on June 01, 2011, 04:24:52 PM
im getting pendles this week too so i can complete my mids which will let me focus on my backs and forwards

The byes definetely made me think twice but in the end im still going to need to play 2 rookies on the pitch come round 13 if i wait it out (i dont want mundy or thompson over pendles) so why not enjoy pendles score over the next 2 weeks.

Hahahah very true mate and most people will have both or at least one so if i can stick Hibbard,Conca and Mzunga on and at least one scores 90 or 100 i will only loose a few points that round but benifit for the next 2 rounds :)

FLOPITOUT1

I dont have Selwood yet  :'( or Pendles  :'( so im gonna put in Selwood then Pendles after the bye makes sense for my team. You guys seem to have alright cover for Pendles so i wont matter much losing him for one game  :)

Holz

this season i have avoided players with byes coming up to horror consequences, such as  in round 6 i had the option of bringing in didak or Sylvia into my mids and i went didak because i was worried about how many players i had out round 6 even though i had cover.  So from now on i have given up on looking at the byes and it is working so far, so who cares about byes pick the best player, remember its only one week so if they score 5ppg more every game as long as you have some sort of cover you will be ahead.

browny_wce

nah buy him!
u have the cover, and if needed u can always mpp guys into ur mids like Delids or Gibbs with BennyJacobs or CHappy/Goodes etc with Tendai

elephants

Buy him! I'll bring in pendles next week though :)

Andrew

96 b/e according to Assistant Coach, he's at his lowest price all season... As long as he doesn't go to Arizona he should be sweet to pick this week??