Which rookies should I upgrade/downgrade this week?

Started by Possumo, May 31, 2011, 09:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which rookies do I offload this week?

Tapscott/Libba
7 (36.8%)
Tapscott/Harris
2 (10.5%)
Matera/Harris
2 (10.5%)
Matera/Libba
5 (26.3%)
Darling or Krak and Libba or Harris?
3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Possumo

So, my current rookies that are nearing the chopping block are Harris/Libba, and Tappy (obviously) and Matera (and possibly Darling/Krak, but I think as others have mentioned it's worth waiting a bit longer on both of these guys).

I am planning to get Mzungu/Chappy this week (feel he is the best value forward at the moment... should I be looking at Sylvia/Johnson instead? Will only get one more Geelong player, as I already have Selwood), and these rookies are looking like they have fattened up quite nicely...

I want to get one in the forward line and one in the mid's so I can take advantage of their DPP as needed (Krak is currently in my forward line, so I don't have a DPP link in the mid's as yet), so one of each is going to have to go.

I'm fairly sure Tappy will be going, but Harris/Libba is more difficult. Prior to the weekend, having Harris or Libba as my 6th mid was actually going okay, and for at least the next weekend I'm probably going to have to play one of them on the field again... (unless I play either Mzungu/Chapman over Harris or Libba, and over Krak in the forwards?) so who should I be keeping? Libba average's 10 ppg more, and has been pretty good, but perhaps Harris still has more money to make?

Cheers for the help guys.

Edit: My team -

Backs - Goddard, Gibbs, Shaw, Deledio, Adcock, Lower, Jacobs (Smith, Toy, Heppell)

Mids - Mitchell, A. Swallow, J. Selwood, Boyd, Swan, Liberatore, (Iles, M. Hibberd, Harris)

Rucks - Cox, Jacobs, (Tippett, Keeffe)

Forwards - Rioli, Goodes, Riewoldt, Didak, Franklin, Darling, Krakouer (Tapscott, K. Harper, B. Matera)

FLOPITOUT1

I think Tappy can come back drop a tadd but make it back quite quickly, his job security is good imo. Matera bye bye i think he's made his cash and apparently he is injured. I think it's time to put Libbas cash to good use also. By the way you can vote in your own polls who do you think ?

CFC 1979

Matera is injured - out for 2
Libba has run his race

they will start to loose money very soon

might as well keep Tappy

AlexIsOnFire

I'm fairly sure Tappy will be going, but Harris/Libba is more difficult. Prior to the weekend, having Harris or Libba as my 6th mid was actually going okay, and for at least the next weekend I'm probably going to have to play one of them on the field again... (unless I play either Mzungu/Chapman over Harris or Libba, and over Krak in the forwards?) so who should I be keeping? Libba average's 10 ppg more, and has been pretty good, but perhaps Harris still has more money to make?

So they had a bad game this week, you've clearly said you were happy last week with them, and now after 1 bad game they are on the chopping block.

How bout you just trade the Injured Tappy for Mzungu and then wait for Chappy, Bartel, Mitchell, Stanton, Sylvia etc etc all tank in price even more.....

Possumo

Quote from: CFC 1979 on May 31, 2011, 09:39:45 PM
Matera is injured - out for 2
Libba has run his race

they will start to loose money very soon

might as well keep Tappy

Cheers mate, didn't realise he was injured!

Quote from: FLOPITOUT1 on May 31, 2011, 09:33:55 PM
I think Tappy can come back drop a tadd but make it back quite quickly, his job security is good imo. Matera bye bye i think he's made his cash and apparently he is injured. I think it's time to put Libbas cash to good use also. By the way you can vote in your own polls who do you think ?

Yeah I was thinking what happened to him, as his scoring was actually quite good before his two bad scores (all were between 57 and 80 before his 36 and 16), and the fact that I actually traded him in early when he was on the bubble rather than starting with him makes me less keen to trade him out... everyone seemed to be jumping on him though. But he is definitely a stronger scorer than Matera. As for who am I keen on, I'd have to say Matera/Libba now. Harris should still be able to get 60-80 and get up to around Libba's price (at least I hope he does by the time Pendles finishes his last bye!).

@ Alex - Yeah, but since one of them has to go if I want the DPP link (even if I wait on the Chapman trade, which I don't think I will as he has pretty much bottomed out), I have to sacrifice one of them. And knowing who to rely on for that 6th spot is going to be difficult to choose now... I might play Mzungu or Hibberd over them, I'll see.

Cheers for the help guys, as usual it has been useful :)

chaosAD

The thing with Tappy and Matera who i also have is that u will have no worries with them loosing $$$ for you so if u need to offload some other Rookies your worried may decrease in value i would do that. I have recently offloaded Darling Krak and Harris lucky for me, so i might only get rid of Matera for a 2 gamer like Isaac Smith(if named) and cash up for my Pendles upgrade after round 13. I am excited about my round 14 trades Pendles in sound really good!

Possumo

Quote from: chaosAD on June 01, 2011, 07:10:36 PM
The thing with Tappy and Matera who i also have is that u will have no worries with them loosing $$$ for you so if u need to offload some other Rookies your worried may decrease in value i would do that. I have recently offloaded Darling Krak and Harris lucky for me, so i might only get rid of Matera for a 2 gamer like Isaac Smith(if named) and cash up for my Pendles upgrade after round 13. I am excited about my round 14 trades Pendles in sound really good!

Hehe, yep, just hoping the bugger doesn't start gunning it in the next two weeks so that his price has gone back up again by the time we get him in after the bye!