Bench Smith?

Started by lasonjin, May 31, 2011, 10:17:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lasonjin

Was just wondering what everyone's opinion on Smith's output would be like this week considering he's up against Cox?

I'm considering benching Smith in favour of Petrie (via DPP), then using Krakouer to fill up the gap I'll have up forward. Opinions?

Fireballz

I'm gonna wait and see what others say coz I may steal your idea....  :P
Subi is a big ground so there's enough points for everyone. Smith's output hasn't been hurt by playing in games where GC have been smashed so I think he's good enough to get his own ball but Cox is a dynamo...  :-\

lasonjin

Quote from: Fireballz on May 31, 2011, 10:20:14 AM
I'm gonna wait and see what others say coz I may steal your idea....  :P
Subi is a big ground so there's enough points for everyone. Smith's output hasn't been hurt by playing in games where GC have been smashed so I think he's good enough to get his own ball but Cox is a dynamo...  :-\

Yeah, my thinking isn't that he's going to suffer because GCS is up against WCE, but more along the lines of it's Smith vs Cox. He really hasn't gone up against rucks with the skill level that Cox is playing with at the moment, bar maybe Essendon (and even then that's questionable). Form over his last 3 have been good though haha.

Sleeken

I'm going to play Petrie too. Hoping smith gets absolutely dominated by Naitanui/Cox (eagles supporter)...I think they'll wear him down. From what I've seen Nat and Cox take turns on oppostion ruckmen...worked pretty well against Sandilands.

fertalong

Even if smith gets dominated, he is still almost guaranteed a 70. It is only worth bringing petrie into the ruck if the fwd you replace him with will score better than smith.

chaosAD

Well i have Cox Ryder and Smith Bailey and ill be playing Cox and Ryder.
Bombers play Melbourne Pffft! Coxy will kill smith !

elephants

I'm bench smith and playing Petrie (via dpp)
Then I'll let mzungu fill my forward line gap :)

Macman5005

I think Smith will still rack up the points. The good thing about him is his ability to go fwd and kick goals! Last time I checked WC don't have a 200+ cm fullback :)

dale93

I have to start him because i took a massive risk and started my rucks with Cox, Fraser and Smith.....I am just hoping Fraser comes back soon :)

Chelskiman

With Sandi out, and no link, I am forced to play him.  Luckily for me I have the easiest match of all time so it's not going to worry me.