comments required please...

Started by Joe Dirt, June 01, 2011, 12:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Dirt

I have 17 trades left with $740 000 in the bank, because i am not going for overall, and i have had 2 easy teams the last 2 weeks and have another 2 easy teams coming up. will trade in Evans and Mzungu in for harris and libba, and then from there i will have 1 million to upgrade 7 ppl leaving my team full of premiums with broughton and petrie on the bench too (the maths come pretty close, if i dont have enough for 7 straight upgrades ill trade smith out as ill have petrie there for cover anyway). here is my team after trading this round....

Backs - Gibbs, Heppell, adcock, enright, gilbert, duffield, broughton (Puopolo, jacobs, duigan)
Mids - Pendles, Bartel, Montag, Evans, swallow, Krak, (Bewick, hibberd, mzungu)
Ruck - Cox, Smith (Sandi, jippett)
For - Sylvia, goodes, N.Reiw, pav, Petrie, Darling, (Matera, Richo, Dixon)

then by round 15 ill have 8 trades and this is what my team will look like (without LTIs etc)

Backs - Gibbs, Heppell, adcock, enright, gilbert, duffield, Goddard (Puopolo, jacobs, broughton)
Mids - Pendles, Bartel, Montag, Swan, Boyd, Ablett (Evans, Bewick, mzungu)
Ruck - Cox, Sandi (Smith, jippett)
For - Sylvia, goodes, N.Reiw, pav, Franklin, Fyfe, Chapman (Petrie, lynch, Richo)

Please comment...

PowerBug

Not sure about Broughton and Petrie on bench, especially Petrie.

Ziplock

That was that team isa absolutely killer- I actually like petrie + broughts benched,  it gives you excellent cover for every position, it means that when the byes happen you have broughton to cover the defence (rather than fielding a rookie), petrie to cover the fwds, and chappy, fyfe, pav, goodes, sylvia for the mids by dpping mzungu.

I love it, I would be aiming my team for that structure if I had the trades.

Some of your players though....

Well, I love the structure anyway.

Joe Dirt

yeah thats what i was putting broughton on the bench for, so he can come in for gibbs and enright in the finals, and petrie can cover both the rucks and the fwds and allow chappy etc to go into the mids to cover an injury and have petrie come on for him.

So what players are you boys iffy about? I might trade out heppell for deledio later in the year if i got some spare trades, what ya reckon?...who else?