Should I get rid of Rioli?

Started by Possumo, May 31, 2011, 03:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trade Rioli?

No he can still score decently keep the faith! (trade Darling/Matera/Tappy)
20 (76.9%)
Trade him out now before he loses more cash...
6 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Possumo

Was planning to get Mzungu/Chappy this week by trading out Libba or Harris and Tapscott, Darling or Matera. But seeing as how Rioli is now playing more up forward, and has already started plummetting in price, should I get rid of Rioli first before his price drops even further? The Tappy trade can obviously wait, and hopefully the same with Darling/Matera.

My current forward line is pretty poor, with Franklin, N. Riewoldt, Goodes, Didak, Rioli, Krak, Darling (Tapscott, Matera, Harper).

The fact that Didak has been doing poorly has been hurting me too, and having my other premium falling away is making those 5 premiums into a 4 - 4.5 :P With the Mzungu downgrade I can also afford to get Sylvia next week, and then probably a final mid premium and then my team is hopefully almost complete... I only have 12 trades left though! (had Hayes/Grimes/a bunch of showerty mid-pricers...)

Cheers guys

Sleeken

Like me (11 trades left) you really need to conserve your trades. After coming back from injury, 55 and 77 isn't toooo bad and I got the impression he pushed into the mid a bit (didn't watch the game though...on the radio).

I have him and will be keeping because 1) I think he can push his scores into the 80/90s consistently 2) Can't use another trade 3) He's already dropped 40k, bit too late to trade now

If your mids and backline is finished then maybe you can afford to trade him (I don't even have franklin =/) but I'd definitely get rid of tappy or darling first.

chaosAD

Never trade premiums unless LTI!

HTL

Keep him, give him a game or two and he'll be back.

Ziplock

rioli had a firing first half and a poor second half. Would indicate he's just trying to find his post-injury legs.... kind of like hodge I guess.

IMO he'll have 1-2 weeks of slightly sub par scores then come out firing again .

FLOPITOUT1

LF

if you look at last year when he came back from his injury last year his scores took a few weeks to come good and when they did they were good.he did push up to the mid field at few times.he was brilliant in the game and i expect him to start hitting some decent scores soon enough.that is why i held him and did'nt trade him out.

Mr.Craig

The only way is up for Junior. Being up forward isn't such a disaster when you have a player who can rack up the tackles and get busy at the stoppages. His scores will improve very soon. Keep.

Possumo

Quote from: Sleeken on May 31, 2011, 10:16:22 AM
Like me (11 trades left) you really need to conserve your trades. After coming back from injury, 55 and 77 isn't toooo bad and I got the impression he pushed into the mid a bit (didn't watch the game though...on the radio).

I have him and will be keeping because 1) I think he can push his scores into the 80/90s consistently 2) Can't use another trade 3) He's already dropped 40k, bit too late to trade now

If your mids and backline is finished then maybe you can afford to trade him (I don't even have franklin =/) but I'd definitely get rid of tappy or darling first.

Good to hear there are others in my position :P

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I asked because I heard Monty and Molly discuss him on the podcast last week, and they seemed to feel he'd lost his fantasy relevance by being moved up forward... BUT as you said he has already lost a fair bit of money, and to be honest if he average's 80-90 from here on out I'll be happy. I think getting Krak/Darling of the playing field is definitely my first priority... just wanted to see people's opinion here, as I haven't had a chance to watch him play.

Cheers

nostradamus