please help me with thoughts on my team!!

Started by Bill Manspeaker, May 18, 2011, 02:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

Deledio, Gibbs, Heppell, Enright, Goddard, Lower, Broughton   (Stanley, Batchelor, Otten)

Swan, Boyd, Bartel, Montagna, Krakouer, Hibberd   (D Swallow, Harris, Bewick)

Cox, Sandilands   (Z Smith, Derickx)

Sylvia, Franklin, Pavlich, Knights, N Riewoldt, Darling, Tapscott   (McKernan, Prestia, Richardson) 

$1,000 and 21 trades remaining.

just after a league win -

not sure on which trades to make this week - i was thinking of a double downgrade of Bewick/Swallow/Harris -> I. Smith and any backline rookie (not sure which one.. Otten hasn't played for a while but if he comes back will make more cash (B/E of 13). Batchelor (B/E of 8 ). Stanley (B/E of 25). Lower (B/E 58) for Puopolo.
after holding onto Broughton the whole year i figure i may aswell keep him and hopefully will come good :/

or should i ditch Broughton which would make me a little more coin, and make it easier for upgrades next week?

would really appreciate any help as i can't seem to figure out who to trade :/

cheers guys

Ziplock

do the double downgrade and drop lower I guess.

If you've Kept broughton this long, you've got to hold him unfortunately. :P

Bill Manspeaker

cheers for the reply mate

i reckon that's what i'm goin with.. Lower -> Pups makes $103.400..

any idea which one of the midfielders i should downgrade for I. Smith?

Bewick (B/E 49 and only averages 51) is the obvious choice but there isn't much money to be made there
Swallow (B/E 47) still has money to make
Harris (B/E 21) still has money to make

Bewick -> I. Smith makes me $57.300
Harris -> I. Smith makes me $141.700
Swallow -> I. Smith makes me $190.500

Bewick leaves me with $160.700

Harris leaves me with $245.100

Swallow leaves me with $293.900

any thoughts?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and thinking about it now i'm thinking of another double downgrade next week
whichever back/mid rookie -> Jacobs
whichever forward -> T. Lynch
17 trades

this would leave me which enough cash to upgrade a couple of players the week after
15 trades

am i getting ahead of myself there with no real reasonable thinking or is that a good idea?

this is only my second so i'm fairly inexperienced in the art of dream team

please any help would be greatly appreciated again

Ziplock

Nope, that sounds solid enough. IMO for the mids, it's a toss up between bewick + swallow... I would (probably) be trading swallow out over bewick, as bewick can pull out decent scores, and even one ok one would see a substantial price rise.

That being said, there's no guarentee, and swallow's JS leaves bewicks for dead imo.

your call.

Bill Manspeaker

actually looking at it now i can go McKernan (B/E 48 and avg. 55) to I. Smith and then when Mzungu has played 2 (only thing stopping him is injury i think) i go either Swallow or Bewick to him.

i think that would be smarter, i didn't even see that trade before haha.

any thoughts?

Ziplock

^ much better option.

Even callinan rather than mzungu could be worth the punt.

Bill Manspeaker

yep he's on the list aswell, maybe Prestia (if he gets a friggen game) to Callinan when the time is right