Gibbs, C. Morton, S, Tuck, Chornes, Haselby, Hartlett
(Cockie, Anthony)

Ruck
Petrie, Kruezer
(Jacobs, Spencer)

Forwards
Stevie J, Pavlich, Gia, Franklin, Fev, J. Brown, Nahas
(Rioli, Dowler)

i'm a total rookie, i've burned a lot of trades and have 3 left and made some dumb decisions, but i was wondering what u guys would do to try and salvage this team. (only 1200 bank btw)

i was avg 1863 before injuries so with a good move and a bit (or a lot) of luck i think i can be within reach come finals (my league isn't very good)

cheers for any help guys

Cutty

hold your trades for now, backs, forwards & rucks are ok. i would say try and get Ablett or Swan if you can in the future, midfield is your real problem area.

to be honest i think you are pretty stuffed though

good luck buddy

Blueboys

Ok, so where are you on the ladder in your league atm?
Also are you winning your game?

Most people will say not to use any more trades until finals but if your not going to make the finals then you might as well have a punt....

BradStar

you need a big guy in the mid, GAJ i would say but big in price, or try to get COX and cash Kruz, Dump Franklin, dont do it yet because of 3 trades, dont do it all at once, soon.

Paddy13

Quote from: BradStar on June 19, 2009, 09:32:55 AM
you need a big guy in the mid, GAJ i would say but big in price, or try to get COX and cash Kruz, Dump Franklin, dont do it yet because of 3 trades, dont do it all at once, soon.

i agree GAJ AND COX ARE MUSTS!!

Watto

Paddy13

yep, unless u want a consistent second emergency....??

gerco

As previously mentioned, the real question is whereabouts are you in your league?

I'm in a similar position re the number of trades (4), but I'm currently 8-0 and in with a real big chance to win this week and I'm probably going to go at least 11-4 or even 12-3; this means I can just coast to the finals and not worry about making trades. Of course it would be better to have more trades in case, but thats what I have left.

I say this, because if you are struggling to make the finals, you may have to bite the bullet; no point holding onto trades and not making the finals. That said, I'll hold off, especially if you think you can beat your opponents without any trades for a few weeks.

thursty

thanks for the replies guys

i'm currently 5th at 5-3, was 5-0 then 3 losses in a row, but 2 were by less than 10 points and the other less then 50 so that's why i havent given up all hope.
i'm also a win clear of everyone below me as well

like i said, my league isn't very good. if it were even somewhat decent i'd be GAWN. my mates in another league where he's bottom 4 and in this league he's 6th

ahhhh yes, presti *sigh* excuse me while i go light myself on fire

Blueboys

Then keep your trades for the finals, with 3 left you will need them...

BradStar

Quote from: Blueboys on June 20, 2009, 02:34:32 AM
Then keep your trades for the finals, with 3 left you will need them...
correct.

Cutty

If the league you are in is full of nuffies and you will still make finals then you can relax, the minor premiership is an insult in dt and should be renamed the Richmond cup. I would much rather be knocked out 1st round of finals and finish 8th