best upgrade

mitchell
watson
redden
rockliff
thompson

plugz19

team:
goddard, gibbs, deledio, grimes, heppel, enright, toy (duigan, lower, otten)
bartel, boyd, curnow, swallow, harris, prestia (swan, libba, bewick)
sandi, cox (vickery, smith)
nroo, buddy, johnson, knights, tapscott, matera, darling (didak, richardson, k harper)

20 trades, 231k in the bank

at the moment will almost certainly do duigan--> luke thompson
and also facing a donut in the mids (prestia, swan, libba and bewick all not playing)
dont really see the need in downgrading for cash and want another premium in my mids
after the duigan downgrade i can get any midfielder, planning to get pendlebury after another downgrade in a couple weeks time

main options in the fore front of my mind are; mitchell, watson, redden, rockliff and scott thompson
any others come to mind?
and which option is most suitable?
note: which rookie mid should i trade out of libba, prestia, bewick

Andrew

I've got Libba and Bewick and wanna get Iles but not sure if either of them are sell-worthy... both have alot to gain. Libba if either but it's a tough one. Prestia is value because of dual position, plays for GC so should come back and has scored a 100 before.

elephants

luke thompson ? he has already had his best price rise? i am waiting on guys like puopolo and retzlaff. duigan will not leak much and could rise more when his 50 and 40 drop from his rolling average.

bring in rockliffe though if you do a trade as he is a fantasy god in the making :) nice and ineffective.

thanme

Hey plugz, I'm thinking the same thing, except Broughton -> Thompson (yes, I still have him :P)

At this stage, I'm tossing up between Redden and Mitchell. It's kind of similar to the Adcock/Enright dilemma. Redden is on the up, while Mitchell is the real deal. I think Mitchell will me the more reliable choice, but Redden is showing to me more than just a fluke.

Also, having the same 3 upgraders to choose, I'll be saying goodbye to Bewick.

Ziplock

Short term Redden for sure, Mitchell has a few tough teams coming up which will hurt his scores. In the long run... they both have fairly favorable draws, I'd be leaning more to mitchell though, especially for league.

valkorum

Thompson would be a unique pick and I think needs to be looked at seriously.

chaser

Yeah adelaide have an excellent draw aswell. I'd go Thompson personally, best player at the crows by far

BillMurray

I'm getting in Mitchell this week for Callan Ward but certainly looked at Scotty Thompson. My issue with him though is that his average is rather deceptive (has been for a while) wherein he has huge 140 + scores that fatten up his lower 70-80 efforts to make him appear more consistent than he is (kinda like Montagna when he's up and about). Thommo is a gun don't get me wrong, but i'd prefer Mitchell's 100-120 scores week in week out anyday. Plus he has the Gold Coast coast to play twice.  8)

Pendlebury10

i reckon get rid of prestia for Watson, or Redden.  :)

also consider duigan for duffield or broghton?  ;)

chaser

Thompson also plays GC twice? he also plays Brisbane and West Coast twice, and also North Melbourne, Melbourne, Richmond and Port. So that's basically 10 guaranteed 120+ scores to come from Thompson for the rest of the year. Plus the normal 95+ average expected from the other remainding games.

plugz19

yeah probably will be getting mitchell in this week, and might wait a couple weeks for thompson (be of 150odd)
need to make a move this week because of the donut though

on the luke thompson note: feel his js too good to pass up now davis is gone
sure he has risen 40k already, but no reason he cant rise another 140k or even just be a permanent bench player

chaser

PLUS.. Mitchell also gets niggly injuries and misses 1-2 weeks. Thompson has missed 4 games since 2005.

plugz19

BillMurray

@Chaser; what do mean and the normal 95+ expected from his other games?. if you look at his scores this year, apart from the 140 & 150 odd he's had 78, 86 and 103 - not terribly consistent from a 400k plus mid. Mitchell on the other hand has been steady every week with 105+ scores so far. Thommo may have a slightly higher ceiling but not nearly as consistent week to week.

Ago97

Quote from: chaser on May 06, 2011, 04:18:25 PM
PLUS.. Mitchell also gets niggly injuries and misses 1-2 weeks. Thompson has missed 4 games since 2005.
Yeah
I had mitchell one year and he was always getting injured so I'm never convinced on getting him