Was in the top 100 two weeks ago and drop way off now, any ideas

Started by flex350, May 30, 2011, 04:13:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flex350

Hi
Any suggestions for my team.  I have 17 trades left and only a few K in the bank.
I read a post early that should not swap bartel for Selwood when they where pretty much equal in Value.  Selwood has rocked on and Bartel has stalled.
Anyway I am thinking about getting rid of one of the cash cows for a premium, however not sure if I should be looking value for money or going way out (eg selwood, Boyd instead of Mitchell, NickDS, Hodge)
Also which forward I should keep for now out of knights, darling, krak and R Roo and which ones to move on.

Cheers for your ideas
Also I am thinking about going all out and going down to say 8 trades and only looking at replacing injured/finals players which may get me through.  If not ohwell

Backs
Enright,  Shaw,  Gibbs,  Fisher, Goddard, Enright,  Heppel, Lower,  Duigan, Jacobs

Mids
Pendles,  Mundy,  Judd, Bartel,  Cotchin,  Libba, Swallow (GCS), Prestia,  Harris

Rucks
Cox, Sandilands, Petrie, Curnow

Fwd
franklin, Goodes, N Roo, R Roo, Higgins, Krakouer, Darling, matera, knights

Nails

"I have 17 trades left"

The second I/anyone else read they I knew/they should know what your problem is.

You can't just twiddle your thumb all season whilst the rest in top 100 are making upgrades. Every upgrade can be ~25ppg improvements...

You've upgraded what, 3 times?

I'm down to 11 trades, the guy who was 1st overall last week was down to 10 trades...

He's therefore made ~3 more upgrades than you therefore ~75 more points per game. You obviously didn't expect to end anywhere near the car holding off on trades so much did you?

And leaving yourself on 8 trades around ~rd 14 will more or less be the norm for teams going for overall IMO. Why you haven't been trading harder earlier leaves me puzzled... guess you're new...

who is R Roo by the way? Roger Riewoldt? :s

Swallow > Mzungu and Libba > GUN this week

And as far as value/out and out guns. You want to go for out and out guns, if another team can get the out and out guns and you just get guns... per gun they might average 2 points more than you, you can't afford that.

Due to trade limit you can only get x amount of guns in, using super value isn't going to allow you get 5 extra guns in or anything.

glynman90

Quote from: Nails on May 30, 2011, 04:52:08 AM
"I have 17 trades left"

The second I/anyone else read they I knew/they should know what your problem is.

You can't just twiddle your thumb all season whilst the rest in top 100 are making upgrades. Every upgrade can be ~25ppg improvements...

You've upgraded what, 3 times?

I'm down to 11 trades, the guy who was 1st overall last week was down to 10 trades...

He's therefore made ~3 more upgrades than you therefore ~75 more points per game. You obviously didn't expect to end anywhere near the car holding off on trades so much did you?

And leaving yourself on 8 trades around ~rd 14 will more or less be the norm for teams going for overall IMO. Why you haven't been trading harder earlier leaves me puzzled... guess you're new...

who is R Roo by the way? Roger Riewoldt? :s

Swallow > Mzungu and Libba > GUN this week

And as far as value/out and out guns. You want to go for out and out guns, if another team can get the out and out guns and you just get guns... per gun they might average 2 points more than you, you can't afford that.

Due to trade limit you can only get x amount of guns in, using super value isn't going to allow you get 5 extra guns in or anything.

+1

2 weeks ago I was out of the top 100. Since then I have done 4 trades and brought in Selwood and will be bringing in Murphy this week with cash to spare. That means I'll be having higher scoring players playing in my team for longer which is what counts with overall.