Irons and Bewick

Started by Fenno, May 05, 2011, 10:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenno

I have to trade atleast 1 of Irons or Bewick this week to avoid a mid donut. I know Irons has been sent back to the rookie list but all it takes is a port injury and he could be back but whats the go with bewick surely his hip isn't still troubling him. I am going to grab Iles for 1 of these 2 but what one? or should I just get rid of them both for Iles and Wallis? Trades aren't an issue as I still have all but 1 of my 24.

Slap

Keep Bewick, he has proven he can score given an opportunity.  Im sure he will be back, especially with brisbane's poor form.

I'd get rid of Irons, definetely.  I'm no fan of anyone in the Port Adelaide power team, at all.

I'd grab Hibberd if you haven't got him in your mids, rather than Iles, it'll give you a MPP link to boot.  But Iles isn't a bad option either, and I'd take him over Wallis atm (as I am worried about Wallis' JS once injured bulldogs become uninjured).

Andrew

Irons is a forward pocket opportunist so I'd hop off now, you're banking on a long shot occuring when there are still other players who would be vieing for a spot in the event of an injury (Ben Jacobs??). I'd sell Irons, hop on Iles. Hold on Bewick as he's a chance of coming back and scoring 70-80.

Fenno

Thanks guys was my kinda thinking that way just wasn't 100% sure. So Irons to Iles it is. Might still get hibbard in for Duigan just not sure about his JS so that will be a late decision to get him this week or wait till he is on the bubble. Have DPP in the mid/fwd would like a mid/back DPP aswell but might wait till Jacobs is playing to create that.

Andrew

With the downgrade of Libba I'll be upgrading Duigan to Enright. I'd recommend doing the same if you've got the cash. Wait another week to see what happens with Hibberd/Jacobs. If Jacobs gets named next week you'd have to say he's got better job security than Hibberd. I'm not in a hurry to get in either but do need their DEF/MID position eventually.

Fenno

I would be all over the Duigan to Enright trade but I don't have the money. Thats kinda why I am thinking of Duigan to Hibbard just to free up some cash for the week after. Agree with everything you have to say though Andrew