Matera Vs Petrie

Started by matt1985, May 05, 2011, 09:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt1985

I'm thinking about starting Matera over Petrie this week. I think Matera should see a bit more of the ball against the lions, where as Petrie playing forward against the cats could get little of the ball. I'm sure he will spend a bit of time in the rucks too but I don't know if he will go any good against Otten?

I do have the option of mpp Petrie into my ruck and play him over Zac Smith. But I have a feeling Smith will get a fair run and rack up a few points this round too.

Would love to get your thoughts on what I should probably do? Thanks everyone!

bundyboy

well done matt !!

this is exactly the question that i have been thinking about - and recon I am coming to the same view..

against cats at skilled stadium against ottens...think petrie is going to struggle to get much of the ball.

matera will pick himself up from last week, and am pretty confident he will have a great chance of outscoring petrie...

someguy

With Higgins out im forced to play both.

PowerBug

Excellent. You have made a cracker choice. Petrie will struggle and Matera has got great potential. Only worry is; will Matera be able to score without kicking 4 goals?

Andrew

Tapscott v Adelaide should be played infront of Matera? If so Tapscott starts infront of Petrie (who'll be my emergency)?

matt1985

Lol I just checked the teams and found out Higgins is still out, so pretty much have to play both as well :P So hopefully Petrie doesn't get pushed out of the game too much!

Hopefully he can Powerbug! Surely the Lions won't be as dominant over them as other teams have been this year? So hopefully he gets his chances and uses them well!

PowerBug

Well, I have Pav, Buddy, Jack R., Green, Tapscott, Goodes, Matera, Petrie, Didak and Prestia. So Petrie will stay on my bench. Would be nice to see Higgins play, so Pittard can sit on my bench.

someguy

Quote from: PowerBug on May 05, 2011, 09:56:25 PM
Well, I have Pav, Buddy, Jack R., Green, Tapscott, Goodes, Matera, Petrie, Didak and Prestia. So Petrie will stay on my bench. Would be nice to see Higgins play, so Pittard can sit on my bench.

So you have Higgins in your mids? Maybe switch Pav with Higgins, and bring Petrie onto the field? That's if you think Petrie/Matera is better than Pittard/Matera.

Ziplock

I have the same issue, with Rioli, higgins Krak in my front line, Maatera + petrie are necessary on my field :P

In my mids I was facing a donut with swan, prestia and irons out, as well as libba's general sorness, so I bit the bullet and traded irons for hibberd.

It wasn't a huge loss, I was intending on making that trade next round, but I was pretty annoyed as I did want to downgrade duigan this round to upgrade qward to redden :'(