Main Menu

Board Meeting tonight

Started by Hawka, July 31, 2011, 05:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawka

it has just been announced on ch7 that jim stynes has gone to dean baileys house and told him there will be a board meeting discussing his and cameron schwab's Future at the club

Boomz

ossie85

hawk_88

The reports I am hearing is that it was decided that Schwab was getting the flick before the flogging with Bailey to have a review come season's end. I think this has just expedited the inevitable.

c4v3m4n

The one thing people have seemingly neglected to see about the game yesterday is that the coach can only do so much, the players have to come under scrutiny just as much as Dean Bailey and Cameron Schwab.

Jared Rivers came out today and said that at times the players "didn't show any care". This is a major problem if the players don't even care about playing for the win any more this season.

While the blame has obviously been thrown right at Dean Bailey, the players themselves are heavily responsible for a loss like this.

hawk_88

There is no doubt the players were poor, but the buck has to stop with the coach.

This is his 4th year coaching Melbourne so he has certainly had the time to develop and list and a playing culture that would try better than that. It isn't a once off either, they have played with a similar attitude in many games in the past few years.

Ignoring that lack of any successful game plan existing or at the very least an inability to develop the team to play to one, if the players aren't even trying for the coach, then how can you keep a coach on.

Zarts

Quote from: c4v3m4n on July 31, 2011, 06:20:57 PM
The one thing people have seemingly neglected to see about the game yesterday is that the coach can only do so much, the players have to come under scrutiny just as much as Dean Bailey and Cameron Schwab.

Jared Rivers came out today and said that at times the players "didn't show any care". This is a major problem if the players don't even care about playing for the win any more this season.

While the blame has obviously been thrown right at Dean Bailey, the players themselves are heavily responsible for a loss like this.

lol, I'm with c4. You can't just blame the coach for every flogging- for a team to get beaten that badly, it's a team effort.

roo boys!