Does anyone else hate the Malcolm Blight / Robert Walls commentary combo?

Started by North Melbournes Finest, April 23, 2011, 08:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

North Melbournes Finest

As a Kangaroos supporter I love and respect Malcolm as a player, but as a commentator he is an old bitter coot, they gives team so much flack and allthough he does have a good knowledge of the game, he provides more banter, arrogance and whining then actuall analysis.

I feel that Robert Walls isn't quiet on the same level of whining, but he is also a bad commentator, they complain about the umpires a fair amount too, half the time I'll agree with them in that regard but as a commentator you can't be like that.

I don't mind noddy, and Quarters, but these two just grind my gears badly and can't stand listening to them.

pyronerd

there are a lot of bad commentators around atm, McAvaney comes to mind :P

Justin Bieber

I don't mind Wallsey but don't much care for Blight. I prefer those who call the game rather than offer negative and biased views.

bomberboy0618

8-6 Suited

Partially the reason why I have the TV muted and Triple M calling it on the radio. The majority of TV commentators are useless.

Master Q

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on April 25, 2011, 01:13:27 PM
Partially the reason why I have the TV muted and Triple M calling it on the radio. The majority of TV commentators are useless.

Hiring is simple. Do you look good? Do people know you?

You've got the job  :D !!

hawk_88

I prefer the channel 10 call to 7s, even though the insight is probably greater on 7 given that most involved have more recently left the coal face of the game.

However they both pale in comparison with Foxtel's coverage. Amazing commentary for all four games. Great insight and analysis and better blow by blow calling of the game.

David King this year has been a revelation on special comments, he gives great insight as opposed to someone like Lloyd who just come out with some obvious rubbish like "they are losing because the defence is letting through to many goals. To win, they will have to improve in that area to win."

ossie85

Gotta say, I've always fount Malcolm Blight an extremely annoying commentator. Walls I don't have a problem with.

nas

You could sack one of or even both then they could / would put on even worse.

Kellie n Caro. >> That would make your eardrums bleed internally.