double upgrade?

Started by jroo10, May 31, 2011, 12:25:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jroo10

looking to go tappy to chapman which means i can only go libba to 406K mid or lower best options in my view are ( hodge, mitchell, judd, priddis boak)
current mids are (boyd, swan, pendles, j.selwood, sylvia (dpp while watson is injured), libba -- watson (inj) wallis, jacobs
so i dont want to consider thomas having 3 collingwood mids not ideal

Slap

Double upgrade, heck yes.  I like Judd/Mitchell, in that order.  Wouldnt touch Boak/any port player if i had the choice.

bundyboy

agree...forget port players....

hodge and mitchell are bargains at the moment, mundy will be cheaper next week, and montagna is also at a great price....though i'm just not convinced on the saints...

problem is - plenty of great choices ...

jroo10

mitchell is very tempting at his price and still has GC twice this season
but i think judd may be a little more consistant and has port and bris in the next two rounds
grrrr so confused!!

Slap

Quote from: jroo10 on May 31, 2011, 12:41:26 AM
mitchell is very tempting at his price and still has GC twice this season
but i think judd may be a little more consistant and has port and bris in the next two rounds
grrrr so confused!!

Dont think about it as prices.  Think about who you'd most want in your team.  Who do you think will score the best for the rest of the year.  Look at the players future fixtures and byes and see how they fit into your team.  Take ten minutes and project some scores and see who wins the battle between the two.

Also, mitchell has shown he cant handle a tag sometimes..  So, perhaps Judd would be the good option anyway.

Chelskiman

Hodge or Judd, but Hodge seems more appealing because of the Carlton finals bye.

Slap

Quote from: Chelskiman on May 31, 2011, 12:49:41 AM
Hodge or Judd, but Hodge seems more appealing because of the Carlton finals bye.

You obviously haven't looked at their scores this year.  Judd is killing it.  and hodge has been very up and down.  sure he has had two good games, but that doesnt equal judds year.. not in my eyes anyway.

Ziplock

hodge has had like 2 excellent games and one good game. And those are from his last 3 games, looking at his draw, he has it pretty easy coming up as well.

Chelskiman

Hodge is starting to click into top gear and his last few games have been great.  Fully fit Hodge is one of the best scorers in the league.  Judd has been immense too, there's no doubting that, so either would be good choices.  Also, if you read properly, I said Hodge is more appealing purely based on the fact Carlton have a finals by.

Slap

Quote from: Chelskiman on May 31, 2011, 12:57:44 AM
Hodge is starting to click into top gear and his last few games have been great.  Fully fit Hodge is one of the best scorers in the league.  Judd has been immense too, there's no doubting that, so either would be good choices.  Also, if you read properly, I said Hodge is more appealing purely based on the fact Carlton have a finals by.

Yeah i got that.  But it must just be me.  I just cant put hodge on Judd's level atm.  I'm not doubting Hodge at all, I know what he is capable of, especially in a flourishing team.  But, Judd is setting career levels in terms of contested disposals amongst other things - he bald genius is just getting better.  He won the brownlow last year by polling votes in a whole heap of consecutive matches early in the season.  After realising this again now, I might just go put some money on him now.  I'd expect the same result.