Has the curnow ship sailed?

Started by Vrett7, April 11, 2011, 05:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vrett7

Is it to late to get curnow? Thoughts?

j959

if he's this year's Barlow i hope not vrett!   ;)

i've missed the first Curnow boat as i was a doubter but after seeing his performance against the Pies, i'm almost a believer (of his quality/JS but not necessarily this year's Barlow yet!).

my thinking is Carlton play Essendon and then Adel next two rounds and if he can maintain around a 100pt avg then i will check his BEs and expected price increases to see if i can bring him in - avg'ing 100pts over the first 5 games of the season will make my decision ...

Ziplock

I would say yeah... he's already made nearly half the money he probably will this season.

Slap

not if you have a crappy mid that isnt playing.  His BE is almost the same as last round, meaning he could be set for another 70k price rise.. not too bad for the 2nd week.

Ziplock

it would be hard to get him in now though, awkwardly priced now, if you've gone guns + rookies strat. Without any cash buffer in the bank, definitely no. If you're mid priced. and have some non-firing mids, then it's still plausible. But honestly, at this point you're only trading him in if you think he can go up to close to 300k. 

Cicjose

got him in before his initial price increase :)

bob321

i got libba instead.  :(
wondering now if i should swap conca > curnow this week
conca BE is 42 which from the way he's playing he will barely get over, and may be in for another 9k or so price rise
curnows BE is -59 so his price is in for a big rise regardless of what he gets
my worry is that he will be this years barlow and if i dont get on now ill miss out
100 against collingwood. i mean come on.

elephants

Quote from: bob321 on April 11, 2011, 07:23:47 PM
i got libba instead.  :(
wondering now if i should swap conca > curnow this week
conca BE is 42 which from the way he's playing he will barely get over, and may be in for another 9k or so price rise
curnows BE is -59 so his price is in for a big rise regardless of what he gets
my worry is that he will be this years barlow and if i dont get on now ill miss out
100 against collingwood. i mean come on.

yeah do it bob.

i go libba last week and my mids are doing okay (hibberd is the only weak link)

yorgis

hibberd will come in handy with his mpp when he starts playing

SydneyRox

If you look at what he has produced then the ship hasnt sailed fully. You have missed out on a pretty big chunk but if he continues to pump out big numbers, getting in now will still nett you some good dollars.
Wating for two weeks, or two more price rises will take any real value away if he pumps out 2 more 100 odd games

bundyboy

now or never...

wouldn't bother again if you don't do it this week i recon...

Holz

i really think curnow is being hyped up, i very much doubt he is going to be barlow 2.0, i think we should treat him like a normal rookie and not pick him after his price has increased. Saying that i have him and im pretty happy. If he can average 80+ from now on i would be very suprised and im looking to upgrade him round 10.