Prestia > Tapscott, Irons > Curnow?

Started by Hydra, April 05, 2011, 01:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra

My Fwd rookies are Richardson, Matera, Prestia and Darling. I saw all 4 of these guys play on the weekend and Prestia seems to be the weakest, and the Gold Coast look like they'll struggle all year. Is he the right one to trade to Tapscott? Tapscott set to rise 100+k this week and I don't want to miss out on this kids talent. Also, Prestia seems to be starting on the bench, whereas Tapscott will get huge gametime. Also, a cool 38k extra cash would be nice.

What about Irons > Curnow? Irons is a cheap rookie who will probably continue to get inconsistent games throughout the season. Curnow more likely to have job security for a while especially if this form continues.

bluedreamin

I'd only hang onto Prestia if you need to make us of his MPP status (I am). Getting Tapscott in seems to be a must. Wish I'd listened to my demon supporter friends and family more in the pre-season!
As for Curnow - people on here have been questioning his JS with McLean expected to come back in the not too distant future. Two things to say about that:
1. I don't trust McLean's body
2. Ratten has on a number of occasions expressed his man-love for Curnow. Like Heppel at the Bombers, Curnow is a bit of a coach's pet which improves his JS IMO

charliesheen

Trading Irons is a bit harsh.  Especially with Cassisi out for a veryyy long time.

Hydra

Thanks for the advice guys. Will give it some thought.

CuStArDaRm

As a blues fan if Curnow gets dropped ill be pi.ssed!
Playing too well and playing an important role.
Im having same issue whether or not to bring him in. Have irons, bewick, Swallow, libba, harris and dont really want to trade any of them. Although Bewick is only avergaging 47 i think he'll improve and isnt going anywhere. Also Irons may get a run in the middle now "as he should be" with Cassisi out.

Tough decision, Swallow is temtping to trade for him coz' of his price to but im gonna struggle to do that with his job security and obvious abiltiy and only playing 1 game, he scored 70 with his mid-field smashed!

charliesheen

swallow will score well in SC, bit worried about DT though.

He does inside and outside work, he is like complete package.

he will get points from tackles, and all those extra areas not just disposals

wouldn't be too worried.

Even if he doesnt do well, everyone has him, so the impact will be minimal.