Massive Trade Question...help!

Started by 93FCs, April 01, 2011, 07:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

93FCs

Hi FanFooty;
I had a decent round one with my supercoach team (2230) and am looking to fix a few things up;
My plan is to make 1-2 trades tonight of PREMIUMS [in my world that is reliable players that cost a lot]
and then next week to make 1-2 trades of cheap rookies  that i didnt have to start with that have shown a consistent high first two matches and hence i can pick them up before the prices change.

At the minute though my mids and forwards are the weakest aspect of my side and i am looking at making this trade but input would be hugely appreciated.

I have a mere $21,400 in the bank as well.

Trade out from MID: Boyd [74 last week]
Trade out from FOR: N Riewoldt [86 last week]

Trade In to MID: Swan [166 last week]
Trade In to FOR: O'Keefe [141 last week]

Bad/Good?

I do realiase im breaking the major big supercoach rules of dont trade after week 1, the rule of dont trade premiums after one bad match, ect; but i feel maybe this trade is worth it?

Thanks,
Tom

nas

April Fools Day finished at MidDay. Surely you jest?

No

soutter

Watto

So you would be happy to have spent 4 trades in the first 2 rounds??
Who are your rookies for trading/their replacements? If there is something horrible there, then yeah maybe do the trades.

But really, you picked Boyd and Riewoldt for a reason, have some faith in them

Alex7089

WTF? No!
Not only a double trade after round 1 but 2 prems out for 2 prems all 4 are fit I mean WFT?

Those two will outscore Swan/ROK throughout the season anyway, although you may want to go after Swan after his first bye/byes.

93FCs

haha, no it wasn't an april fools; but you all have me convinced.
I think ill sit on those 2 trades this week; the only other question now would be to get rid of selwood after his late withdrawl from the side.... this concussion rule is giving me a headache!

My other option though would to simply plonk him on the bench for a while; cringe while his price goes down when he finally gets around to playing 3 matches and in the mean time chuck harris on from my bench....mmmm

BlueStorm

Another no brainer! Selwood was bought as a keeper, and will prob play the balance of the season, he has a great record for durability. Harris is a more than adequate replacement for this week, and Selwood's value should be of no concern. Unless he breaks a leg, he should be kept all year

Alex7089

Gee your making it easy for us ;) Don't trade Bunnings.

nas

Tom,
Anyone (If Playing Bench) of your mids being a good rookie or as said IF you have Harris = good cover n no trade.

MPP cover available?

j959

the trades you put up are basically sideways trades ... you DO NOT sideways trade wherever possible (except barring LTI/unacceptable doughnut situations/Relton Roberts phenomenon ...

93FCs

haha your making this easy for me!
no trades for me this round then, save those trades; and the rookies i was thinking of fixing was getting rid of maybe conca for curnow or something similar; maybe bewick out for curnow or something similar; im not really sure and the earliest i want to be doing that is next week to get a nice cash cow situation going!

anyway thanks for all the help everyone, and of course good luck for the round haha!

bluedreamin

Quote from: BlueStorm on April 01, 2011, 07:43:25 PM
Another no brainer! Selwood was bought as a keeper, and will prob play the balance of the season, he has a great record for durability. Harris is a more than adequate replacement for this week, and Selwood's value should be of no concern. Unless he breaks a leg, he should be kept all year

+1
Price fluctuations for premiums mean diddly squat. Seriously. They are there to score points - not make you money!