Advice needed.

Started by b3no, March 30, 2011, 11:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b3no

So at the end of Round 2 i was thinking of down grading say Selwood > Curnow (or someone whose value will sky rocket) then Curnows value will go up by 100k+ based on his score of course, then trade in Swan the round after. And do the same process with Kennedy > Irons then trade in Selwood, it will burn 4 trades but i will be upgrading 2 players fairly quickly in the season.

I dont know if this theory will work but any advice would be a great of help.

Thanks Guys.

S_Coach99

Good in theory, but

What happens if Curnow goes quiet,

and Swan continues his high scores

CrowsFan

If you will be trading Selwood back in then that is just plain silly since you will then need to trade him out later during the finals when Geelong have their bye

yorgis

you wont be upgrading 2 players, it will only be one. why would you want to get rid of selwood, he's a premo. 4 trades for another premo? if you wait till after the price rises u may be able to sell off kennedy and 2 other rooks, who have made enough cash, and get swan. of course it all depends on B/E's and prices that way you use 3 trades and the 2 rooks u get will make u more cash

redfield

Yeh, I would avoid doing that. That's a lot of trades for not a whole lot of gain.

4 trades to get one premium player (albeit one of the best SC players) is just against all the foundations of having a succesful year in SC. Stick with Selwood, he's a gun and will average 110+ for the year.

b3no

Thanks guys, now that i think of it, its no good!

Thanks

diddley

j959

Quote from: diddley on March 30, 2011, 07:19:15 PM
Quote from: b3no on March 30, 2011, 11:55:33 AM
Thanks guys, now that i think of it, its no good!

+1
problem solvered.   ;D

hey CF, just to clarify - isn't it the case you may not have to trade Selwood out as the 2nd cats bye will be the DT/SC semi-finals so if you were good enough in qualifying final week you may have a rest and be straight into the prelim final the following week and won't need them that rd??

CrowsFan

Ah yes J that is true and something I will hope happens to me as I have him.
But how likely is it you will be able to skip the semi finals in all 5 leagues? ;) Would be great if you could!!

j959

Quote from: CrowsFan on March 30, 2011, 07:27:42 PM
Ah yes J that is true and something I will hope happens to me as I have him.
But how likely is it you will be able to skip the semi finals in all 5 leagues? ;) Would be great if you could!!
that's true but reckon it'll depend on which league you care about most and how your trades and structure are going at that stage of the game??  ;)