The sub rule + concussion vent post

Started by CFC 1979, March 25, 2011, 11:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slashers

Its not soccer, its tough Aussie rules football.
If you can stand up, you can play.
Will be interesting to hear what gets discussed about this in the very near future - when everyone starts getting fed up. I'd like to here the opinion of past players that can probably recall playing with one leg a smashed face and blurred vision.

ando_10

Quote from: CuStArDaRm on March 25, 2011, 11:45:48 PM
oh it hurts. Selwood in SC killed me watching his score drop qtr to qtr.
The sub rule i think we can get around with a bit of strategy but the concussion rule is a complete c.unt!
even if selwood was allowed to come back on he wouldnt of been able to he was no good at all.

Blueboys

Sub rule worked for me, had Gaff come on and get an ok score $$$$$

diddley

i actually dont have a problem with the sub rule. sure, its going to work against us all at some point, but it is even across the board. everyone is disadvantaged equally.

nathan11

they had to bring something in, the afl has actually been quite slow on a concussion rule
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/head-hits-still-hurt-dean-kemp/story-e6frf9jf-1226031973086

Kemp, who received a six-figure compensation pay-out when he retired in 2001 because of continued head trauma, said he still experienced problems.

hoppys_hawks

No problems with the concussion rule, the best interests of the player's health should be paramount.

The sub rule, on the other hand, is a joke, for both SC and the AFL. I am sick and tired of Demetriou et al tinkering with the rules. The (AFL) coaches will figure out a way around the rule pretty quickly, and so the AFL will decide to make more ridiculous changes next year. The (SC) coaches however will have to struggle through.

My suggestion for the SC organisers is to let coaches nominate 4 emergencies (1 each for Back/Mid/Ruck/Fwd), and if a starting player is subsequently named as a sub, then coaches get the higher score of the sub or the emergency player. It at least gives the opportunity of a reasonable score when a team makes the late decision to name a player as a sub (Krakouer in today's game is a perfect example) if your emergency actually plays the whole game instead.

Alex7089

Krak/Lower dragging my score down. Bloody pissed. Hatin' the sub rule right now. It combined with the by are making 2011 look like a horror fantasy season :(
Rant over. :P