Selwood -> Watson or other

Started by essendon33, March 29, 2011, 08:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maca24

Quote from: Alex7089 on March 29, 2011, 09:17:43 PM
Yes but with keepers price changes are irrelevant.
spot on. I dont care how far he drops. The good coaches will keep him and the stupid coaches will trade him.

Marstar

Quote from: Alex7089 on March 29, 2011, 09:17:43 PM
Yes but with keepers price changes are irrelevant.

Not that i agree or disagree, but:

I think the point he is making is that if he doesn't play this week, and has the bye round 6 ... then his price should drop a good 50k in the next 3 games played.

If you plan on buying a Keeper in Round 7 anyway (e.g. Sam Mitchell), then you will be spending 50k more for Mitchell in round 7.

Therefore he is suggesting buying some1 like Mitchell after Round 2, and buying Selwood back after round 6.

The question then becomes becomes :

Do you burn and extra trade to save 100k ? And will that 100k saving allow you to get an extra premium keeper earlier by burning that extra trade?

It comes down to strategy vs 1 trade. As i said, im neither for nor against. 

Samm79

IMO trades ae worth more than 100k. Somewhere around 200k would be my guess.

Samm79

IMO trades ae worth more than 100k. Somewhere around 200k would be my guess. Also, his low score was in round 1 it won't impact his price that much

cortez

If he can score a 115 and 100 in his next to games which he is very capable of his price will only drop to about 530,000.

diddley

i would have thought the obvious way to trade,if you were thinking about it, would be to go for bartel. cheaper, def has the same scoring ability, and is bound to get bigger scores with ablett gone, especially if selwood is having some time off.

cortez

How about just don't trade him... He is a gun! So your gonna trade him just because he might miss one game? Gee your trades are going to go fast if you trade everyone who misses one game. Can't wait till teams have byes. You can only trade out two at a time. Ah shower what if you have more than two players from a team you'll be stuff. This is a bloody funny thread!

simma1978

There are a lot of foolish people on this site that hit the big red panic button....

Bob the builder