Do unused sub players get 0 which would affect their price?

Started by mangadaisuki, March 23, 2011, 12:24:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mangadaisuki

Hi, just wondering if I had a player on my team who was named as a sub, and did not get subbed on for a game, does that player get a zero score that would affect his pricing? Or would it just be a zero as if he'd not played?
Also, if a player in my starting 18 was a sub who did not actually play, will the score of my corresponding emergency get used?

CuStArDaRm

bloody good question have no idea that would suck!!!
Although if its premium like hodgey could be nice

tferrier18

highly doubt it will count towards their score and result in a price drop.

I think they will be considered as non-playing players if they're not subbed. It would be entirely unfair if they counted

4-8-15-16-23-42

Great question, I doubt it tbh.

Another way to think about it is, Say D Hille starts as sub on sunday (looks like he may) comes on in the 3rd and only scores sub 30 his price decrease would be massive turning him into a great value pick.

Marstar

From the Rules :

"Zero" scoring players
Players who are actually named and in the starting 22 for any match AND score a 0 for any reason, will NOT be replaced by an emergency. Their 0 score will also have an effect on their value, being recorded as having played a game.

----

Read into this any way you want :P

Boomz

Quote from: Marstar on March 23, 2011, 04:22:05 AM
From the Rules :

"Zero" scoring players
Players who are actually named and in the starting 22 for any match AND score a 0 for any reason, will NOT be replaced by an emergency. Their 0 score will also have an effect on their value, being recorded as having played a game.

----

Read into this any way you want :P

^This... but I doubt we will see many players not get subbed on.

CFC 1979

have no doubt about it guys, the sub will be used in every game.

coaches are not going to give up the extra run the 4th player will give.

what will suck is A - you do have the sub or B - one of your players is subbed off. This = crap scores

Marstar

I sent in an email for clarification:

Hi <Marstar>,

Thank you for your email.

If a player listed as a substitute does not play, then your Emergency player can replace them.

Kind Regards,

The SuperCoach Support Team

tferrier18

Nice!

In terms of not knowing who the sub will be...does anyone know how the team sheets will be named?

Will it be a best 22 and then on the day they will nominate a sub? Or will it be a best 21, in which case you'll be able to tell if your player has been left out and is therefore a potential sub?

Can't remember the article that was on AFL website

Fletch74

They will list the team as 22 players, then they must nominate the sub 90 minutes before the game.

BoredSaint

Quote from: Fletch74 on March 23, 2011, 04:38:34 PM
They will list the team as 22 players, then they must nominate the sub 90 minutes before the game.
its actually 40 mins before.. according to HS website..