Chris Yarran

Started by mcwarne, May 12, 2009, 04:32:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcwarne

As a possible trade for Mitch Brown, does any of yous guys think that Chris Yarran is the go? Or maybe Beau Dowler. Not sure which one has the longest life expectancy. Ratten has been a trigger happy this year so not sure I trust him. Yeah, and its a sideways trade but its all I can afford due to the lack of standout rookies lately.

Chief Runs With Beer

I recruited him knowing he was the most naturally gifted player from the draft. His setbacks are disciplinary and are well documented, which explains why he wasn't drafted in the Top 5.

When Lachie Hansen returns he'll reclaim the emergency slot though - I wouldn't rely on Yarran as the #1 forward benchman, and I definitely would not recruit him as the seventh forward.

Beau Dowler will deceive everyone. He's being left alone by opposition and hence the inflated numbers, similar to Drummond in the first few rounds.

(But I recruited Drummond with hope he'd develop into the Goddard-esque quarterback)

In short - keep Brown.

Blueboys

Not impressed with C. Yarran. Watched him played on the weekend and seemed out of place.

Blues played crap and the forward line looks shot!

T. Walker had a big 1, if you got the cash would suit better...

chris

Mitch Brown and Taylor Walker is a sideways trade they are only 20K different. Also Walker's 3 rounds before this one he scored 30, 31 and 51 and he is close to his peak(unless he keeps scoring 115 which the first 6 rounds suggest not)

Blueboys

Isn't that what your asking? A sideways move for M Brown...

mcwarne

Thanks guys. Yeah I am not convinced that Yarran wont go down the same shute as Garlett and Robinson. When Carlton lose, Ratten seems to throw a wobbly at selection and dump the kids. He is doing a "Laidley" better than Laidley himself right now!
I (like most South Aussies playing this game) had Taylor Walker from the start, so I might have to look at raising some cash and look at someone like Aaron Edwards.

wce2009