SC Team needs backline overhaul...

Started by clackerz, May 13, 2009, 04:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clackerz

My backline is a bit of a mess and a couple of players haven't come up like I was hoping....
I have planned over the last few weeks to rectify the issue, but a few injuries have prevented me from doing so.
I'm going to need to do a few double trades I'd say to get it right, but looking for some advice on what combination of trades would give me the best outcome.
I have only 13 trades left and $82K in the kitty.

BACK:
Goddard (capt), C.Cornes, R.Hargrave, A.Mackie, N.Melceski, A.Rance, K.Cheney (R.Houlihan, G.Broughton)

MID:
C.Judd (v.capt), J.Selwood, J.Bartel, D.Rich, T.Tuck, A.Cockie (G.Ablett, D.Beams)

RUCK:
D.Cox, H.McIntosh (S.Jacobs, J.Spencer)

BACK:
J.Brown, B.Deledio, N.Krakouer, S.Higgins, L.Franklin, J.Roughead, J.Ziebell (B.Warren, R.Schoenmakers)

Obvioulsy GAJ is usually capt and Houlihan is in with Cheney on the bench.
I think Beams still has something to offer, as does Cockie & Warren, but for the others they can all be trade bait (S.Jacobs, Cheney, Spencer, Schoenmakers, Rance).

I would say that (from a backline perspective) the following should go (in order of preference):
Rance (if out for extended period), Melceski, Hargrave, Mackie.....

I've only lost 1 of my games in my league, but want to get a bit of an edge as others creep closer to my avg.
Or am I best to sit on this due to lack of trades? (depending on Fridays teams).

Blueboys

Wait for sure, R.Houlihan could be back after the blues played sooo back. Also G.Broughton might get a call up. He has been racking up in the WAFL.

Do a trade for Rance for sure, pick up Grimes. Seems to be a good play this week.

mattg

i would eb leaving rance until he comes back, cheney will be back in this week as melbourne picked up 2 injuries on the weekend, and obviously ablett is a maybe this week...

BradStar

of couse you take out goddard and chornes, rance plays but dosent get that much, but still something, houlihan is a good player but not sure if he is coming back...

Mackie is fine

hope it helps a bit. process of elimination (lots of spelling mistakes i think from me.)

clackerz

If I hold onto Rance - it's only to see some more cash....dependant on his B/E.
Mackie is one I continually consider keeping/trading.
But I think I def need to move on Melceski.......and Hargrave at some stage.

If I were to hold onto Rance, Cheney, Houlihan what do you think my options are to trade?

There's nothing around Melceski's price for a straight swap, and there aren't alot of ruck options to give me some extra cash in a double trade.

Then there's Beams and Cockie (who I won't trade until I see him perform more and wait for a $ increase) and I think Beams is worth holdig onto for a bit longer.
Maybe Rich? Tuck? Shoenmakers?
Or Hargrave may have to go first.

However I may have to weigh it up a bit and may hold off - so I don't burn trades if all are in!

Thanks for the feedback!