Main Menu

NBA GM

Started by RiOtChEsS, March 20, 2011, 12:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

Im doing a Dynasty (2k11) just managing and simulating all standard rules etc random draft im the Chicago Bulls and i got pick 6...

to my surprise Durant was still there and i snapped him up
next rounds i took in this order...
LaMarcus Aldridge
Aaron Brooks
Raymond Felton
Andre Blatche

backup players included
Dorrell Wright
Luke Ridnour
Taj Gibson
Serge Ibaka

The first season i was riddled with injuries and found it hard going heavily undersized at the C position which i was playing Alrdidge at and he had a good year but i had no real presence in the paint, we went to the playoffs in the 4 seed but went out in the 2nd round, Durant only averaged 26 so i knew in the 2nd season i had to throw it around a bit and decided to go all out like the NY Knicks...

Aaron Brooks Lamarcus Aldridge     4   Dwight Howard and a no name prospect
Andre Blatche
2013 1st rd pick

it gave me a chance to give more minutes to my prospects but i mainly played Felton Durant Howard 45minutes a game...

Durant went up another level and won the MVP averaging 31ppg
we finished with the best record in the league and won each series 4-3 so the home court advantage was massive, im just entering into the offseason now and im not sure how the contracts r going to workout i think Durant is up for resigning so my team may get busted up :-\ atleast i pinched a title tho...

RiOtChEsS

its Howards contract thats up and i dont think il be able to keep him...

i may swing a trade on him depending what i can get for him, if it isnt amazing il pinch another title and take my chances with my draft pick from the first season who is progressing nicely 7'2 245

Andrew3737

Wait, so you have Durant AND Howard?

GG.

RiOtChEsS

yes and i managed to keep them both too, all the proposed deals were poor so i kept him and and hoped to sign him in free agency...
what i did was cut his minutes during the regular season to 30 minutes along with everyone else even Durant(35mins) and played my young bucks a bit more in case i couldnt sign him i knew they would need to develop in statistics and id still make playoffs, once i got in in the playoffs 3rd seed 46-36, i played Felton Durant and Howard 48 minutes per, won the title 4-2 and actually managed to ink him (Howard) to a 5 year deal but sacrificed Felton and most other nameable role players so this year (4th season) will be the tester most of my drafted and farmed players (about 62-65 rating) will have to stepup to keep the team rolling, with Durant contracted 2more years and Dwight now 5 years its a good situation...

Andrew3737

With Durant+Howard, you can fill your roster with people rated 40 and still make the finals.

RiOtChEsS

yeah won it again easily 4-1 4-1 4-2 and 4-1 in the finals 3 straight and all my picks r flowering that team is now othmf...

gonna try again with a pick around 15 and higher, should make it more challenging for me in the trading and drafting department :D

RiOtChEsS

went for the last pick in the draft and picked...

Monta Ellis
David Lee
Josh Chilress(rating 77 is lol)
Raymond Felton
Roy Hibbert
Andre Blatche
then cheapies i cant remember off the top of my head, this has forced me into really working the wire and straight away i put up all my draft picks without playing a game being i intend on contending and most of the talent is gone by pick 20, i used the trade finder to save time on nutting out deals, to my suprise i put up my first and second round picks and got a 1st round pick back from the cavs who even on the game looked to be the worst team on here... i then traded 2 fringe players and my following year 1st and 2nd round picks for 2 1st round draft picks from the bucks and i currently hold 3 1st round picks over the next 2 drafts so i should be able to bolster this roster aswell as make an impact in free agency...