what colour car?

Started by Footy God, February 24, 2011, 09:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footy God

Goddard, Gibbs, Grimes, Deledio, Otten, Heppel, Toy (Coad, Puopollo, Duigan)
Swan, Boyd, Montagna, Bartel, Swallow, Harris (Atley, Hibberd, I.Smith)
Sandi, Cox (Derickx, Smith)
Chapman, Sylvia, Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Mzungu, Richardson (Prestia, Matera, Callinan)

Cash: 20k

Guns and rookies but I think its a fairly safe line up, except backline a little weak. Would have lied to have fitted Broughton or another premium in there. All the backline rookies looking good though.

Round 6 will hurt in the forward line. Pavlich, Franklin, Chappy, Mzungu out. Thoughts on a replacement for Pavlich? Price not a problem. I do think Pav will be a star this year though, Freo are improving which will mean more ball for him. And apparently he has had a great preseason, good time trials.

yorgis

good solid side  6 rookies starting is prolly 1-2 too many but ok if u have cover for round 1

Footy God

Quote from: yorgis on February 24, 2011, 11:38:21 AM
good solid side  6 rookies starting is prolly 1-2 too many but ok if u have cover for round 1
I see rookies being the key this year. Blokes like Harris, Swallow, Richardson, Heppel, Mzungu, Toy absolute stars. If my benches can hold up and the players keep getting games should turn out well. Haven't taken any other risks really, no uniques.

BGK

Half of your team will miss Rounds 4 to 6. You won't be winning the car. You need a more even spread.

You have 3 Saints, 2 Demons, 2 Cats, 1 Dog, 1 Hawk and 3 Dockers all missing during those weeks.

You will be playing catch up all year.

Footy God

Quote from: bestguykai on February 24, 2011, 12:40:28 PM
Half of your team will miss Rounds 4 to 6. You won't be winning the car. You need a more even spread.

You have 3 Saints, 2 Demons, 2 Cats, 1 Dog, 1 Hawk and 3 Dockers all missing during those weeks.

You will be playing catch up all year.
Saints: Goddard, Montagna, Riewoldt
Demons: Sylvia, Grimes
Cats: Chappy, Bartel
Dog: Boyd
Hawk: Franklin
Dockers: Sandi, Pavlich (mzungu on bench)

catch up all year? Hm....don't think so mate.

Round 4 (no problem, two out in mids with MPP easy cover):   
Back: Goddard     Mids: Monty, Boyd     Forward: Riewoldt

Round 5 (no problem at all):   
Back: Grimes        Ruck: Cox          Forward: Sylvia

Round 6 (forward problem area):
Back: Puopollo       Ruck: Sandi     Mid: Bartel, Smith    Forward: Pav, Chapstick, Franklin, Mzungu

Don't see it as a huge disadvantage. Each player has two byes, so eventually it will work out. Also those three rounds are non league games which is a bonus.

What players that I listed could potentially go? I cant see anyone, other players that I would replace them with have byes at the same time.

BGK

The theory is if i only have 1 player missing from 2 positions in those weeks i will be able to cover them with my rookies. Your team as it stands won't be able to cover them.

In Round 6 especially how do you plan on avoiding all of those donuts?

If your going for a league win yeah thats fine, non league games are a bonus. But this means squat in overall.

Yes every player has 2 byes, but if a team can cover the players they have out every week and you cannot you will fall behind.

You need to spread your players out a little more evenly. 

Footy God

Quote from: bestguykai on February 24, 2011, 01:32:33 PM
The theory is if i only have 1 player missing from 2 positions in those weeks i will be able to cover them with my rookies. Your team as it stands won't be able to cover them.

In Round 6 especially how do you plan on avoiding all of those donuts?

If your going for a league win yeah thats fine, non league games are a bonus. But this means squat in overall.

Yes every player has 2 byes, but if a team can cover the players they have out every week and you cannot you will fall behind.

You need to spread your players out a little more evenly.
Who are the players in round 6 that I have that you don't have? Bartel and Sandi are locks and if I were to get rid of Bartel it would be for Selwood anyway most likely. Perhaps Bartel-Pendles? Still doesn't help my forward line. Chappy and Franklin are must haves if thye remain injury free. Yes, I know about Chapps injury atm. Mzungu 2nd best forward line rookie to date.

So realistically only Bartel, Pavlich and Smith COULD go. Might go Smith to another mid/forw (not sure who though, not keen on Krak, any others?). Bartel can stay, makes no difference to the bye, can cover him easily. And Pavlich to ROK if he looks good this weekend?
This way I'll only have Bartel out in the middle. Mzungu will be subbed to the mids, other MPP takes his spot. Then Franklin and Chappy only need covering in forwards.

Footy God

Forgot to say, cheers for your help man