my dream team

Started by juddanaught, April 29, 2009, 02:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juddanaught

this is my team at the moment. have allways been quite handy in the overall rankings generally finish in the top 1000 but this year have struggled a bit.

backs      - c cornes, s fisher, l hodge, r houlihan, j drummond, s hurn, s hill
               - a Raines, M hurley
centres   - b gibbs, s salopek, a goods, d rich, c bird, d beams
               - p dangerfield, t swift
rucks       - h macintosh, m kruezer
               - j meeson, a browne
forwards - s goodwin, b deledio, n brown, m pavlich, b fevola, n krakour, p medurst
               - r shoenmakers, s sidebottom

16 trades remaining 100,000 in the bank.

thinking with raines and hurley on the comeback selling s hill for broughton after he has played his second game for some coin and upgrading a midfielder not sure who but, c bird hasnt done what he is capable of, hrrm not sure any thoughts ??? oh and hoping ablett will be the one i upgrade to.

Watto

Yeah, and try to get Cox into your rucks

So if HMAC goes up enough get him in straight away

nickyt

mate i feel u missed out big time on higgins who i would have to say this year just about settles the good teams from the bad teams. You also missed out on a few good rookies eg. mitch brown, alex rance. I think you should forget about cox because his price is ridiculas at the moment. I think u really have to start thinking aboiut injecting some money into that midfield of yours.

you look to have a very good side and you clearly have more experience than me but i feel this team does have the potential to still do well, the sooner you have the like of ablett and swan  in you midfield the better. But u must try to get them at a good price otherwise your just wasting your money.

juddanaught

yeah your not wrong about higgins, i took the silly punt on trent hentschal cause i didnt have enough coi n for higgins but yeah gave me one up the ass thats for sure, im not too phased about not having mitch brown i knew sidebotttom will be a star when he gets his chance and i took shoenmakers over him cause he had the beter preseason.

who do u think i should trade out though ??? wait for beams or dangerfield to go up a bi more otr get rid of bird now ???

nickyt

it's alright mate i made the trent hentshel mistake also. I think i would be trying to get rid of bird straight away. You just need another premium mid. How much money have you got?

Don't know how much money shoenmakers has made you but i would probably be cutting him now. You could cut shoenmakers for warren and then maybe bird for an underperforming mid? just a thought but i think it could help.

nickyt

na take that back on shoenmakers. i just read what u said about him being emerg every week so leave him be. i would say the best option then is to leave it as is this week and see what happens next week.

juddanaught

yeah im thinking by bye birdie too.

if brown plays and no injuries i should be fine to hold off the 2 weeks, i reckon making some money on a hill to broughton trade once greg has played another game, then upgrade bird.

any thoughts on who to trade to ??? after both trades ill have about 500000 to spend so can get anyone, however im going to upgrade to cox later in the season so not sure if i should rush in and get ablett and have no coin or get a premium who is under achieving ??? like travis johnstoine at the moment. grrr !!

Prospector_1

nickyt

quite challenging, figuring out some of da trades eh!

juddanaught

yeah does your head in some times !! dont want to make too many but dont want to miss out on the bargains hahaha

adding to my pain is medhurst and beams !! gee bloody wizz, in nathan brown isnt back this week i coud be in strife.

looks like im in for about 2100 this week but, good old chad cornes as captain !! i hope gablett has a shocker hahaha

nickyt

had gaj as capt. scored 2004 which in the end seemed ok. 2100 is very good.