Different Angle

Started by brandy, February 21, 2011, 04:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brandy

Trying to not go down the path of everyone else, taking some risks at the moment.
Nothing is locked in.
All criticism welcome.

Backs: Gibbs, Gilbert, Deledio, Duffield, Waters, Carrazzo, Schofield?? Hooper, Faulks, Hibberd

Mids: Boyd(C), Judd, Thomas, Greenwood, Rohan, Krakouer Bennell, Heppell, Harris

Ruck: Sandilands, Petrie Vardy, Derickx

Forwards: Goods, N.Riewoldt, Pavlich, Rioli, Grant, Mzungu, Tapscott J.Tippet, Matera, I.Smith

$31k leftover

At the moment Waters, Schofield, Greenwood and Rohan are all only maybes. Like I said, I'm aiming for a diffferent team that will be competitive. Swan may yet make it into the team but we will wait and see.

canty

you NEED goddard and swan!!!!
no matter how different you are trying to make your team. Going without these two guys is DT Suicide.

otherwise not a bad team really

brandy

Like I said. Nothing locked at the moment.

If I go with Goddard and Swan then I don't lose out on anything form anybody else, this is true. I'm just trying different combinations at the moment. I just feel that the extra 170k I would need to spend to get them may be over the top. I don't think it will be too hard to use the cash elsewhere and regain the 50 points that I might be missing out on with solid rookie and smokey options.

Judd is in the form of his life.

Pav is only a maybe at the moment as well. If Freo's young midfield can fire then he will return to his super dominace up forward I think. He just needs good service. He was in the running for the Coleman medal until he injured himself last year.

browny_wce

ok heres my likes:
Waters i like, wish i could fit him into my team but i just cant

heres my dont likes:
schofield - hack
rohan - hack
gilbert - will play forward more often and this is shocking for his DT points
carrazzo - u can do better than this
greenwood - no
vardy & derickx - no
tippet - no
the fact that you are not having Goddard, Swan, Montagna, Franklin or Swallow is just stupid!

Davoo

the angle is a bit too big.
goddard and swan are a must! not enough captain choices as well.
rookies: average
otten is a must. he will be great this year. i live in SA and they say he's a star and will be one of the best crows players this year.
thomas, greenwood, rohan and schofield is a MUST change. and there are better options for carrazzo and grant. if i had to rate out of ten, 5/10

brandy

Quote from: browny_wce on February 21, 2011, 07:49:39 PM
the fact that you are not having Goddard, Swan, Montagna, Franklin or Swallow is just stupid!

Like I said, all criticisms welcome. But seriously, lighten up.

In order to not classify as stupid I have to have Goddard, Swan, Montagna, Franklin AND Swallow in my team? Might as well just use a bot.

Quote from: Davoo on February 21, 2011, 07:59:12 PM
the angle is a bit too big.
goddard and swan are a must! not enough captain choices as well.
rookies: average
otten is a must. he will be great this year. i live in SA and they say he's a star and will be one of the best crows players this year.
thomas, greenwood, rohan and schofield is a MUST change. and there are better options for carrazzo and grant. if i had to rate out of ten, 5/10
Which rookies would you recommend I change?

SydneyRox

The idea is to build up to the best possible team, just pick the guys you think work the best, take others advice with a grain of salt

Though IMO also you should have Goddard, Swan as well as either Bennell/Swallow (or both) in your team.

I am not a fan of Duffield, I think he is suspect away from home

I love Carrazzo, but he has been used as a tagger last year and that has affected his scoring

brandy

OK.

Thanks for the feedback so far guys, it has been taken on board.

Here's the update. Thoughts?

Back: Goddard, Gibbs, Gilbert, Deledio, Duffield, Waters, Otten Hooper, Puopolo,  Hibberd

Mids: Boyd, Pendlebury, Judd, Rohan, Bennell, Gaff Krakouer, Heppell, Harris

Rucks: Sandilands, Warnock Z.Smith, Derickx

Forwards: Goodes, N.Reiwoldt, Pavlich, Rioli, Grant, Richardson Matera, Mzungu, I.Smith

$7,600 left over.

Almost exclusively guns and rookies, which I'm a little worried about. But there are so many good rooks this year that it looks to be a good plan.

Ablett is a potential upgrade, as well as Cox.

Botak

If that's Gary Rohan, I think you can do better to be honest.

And I don't know how you'd fit Swan in, but yeah.... What the guys above have said... :)

The Guns + Rookies strategy isn't a bad one... I've used it before and it works, especially in years when the talent coming through is so strong. Have to completely disagree with SydneyRox, Duffield is a great choice for DT - he always gets plenty of the ball thanks to his role as a running back into the midfield, and his pace.

I think you've still got some more juggling to do to get the mix right... I'd start with your forward line.

brandy

I'm going out on a limb not taking Swan, but I'm pretty sure that I can use the extra dosh elsewhere. Fingers crossed he has a slow start and drops in price, I'll snap him up then. If he doesn't drop in price, well I'll probably upgrade anyway.

I agree that the GnR strategy can work well with good rookie stock, and that this year there is a lot of good rookie stock.

I never was good at juggling. I think Pav is going to have another screamer getting better service from the ever improving Freo midfield. Goodes and Reiwoldt are both solid as rocks and I think Cyril is also set for a blinder. The others aren't lock yet but I'll definitely have a look. Thanks for the feedback!