Penguins - Any thoughts?

Started by blah128, February 21, 2011, 12:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blah128

Backs: Goddard, Scotland, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Toy (Duigan, Hunter, Hibberd)

Mids: Boyd, Montagna, Pendlebury, Bartel, D Swallow, Harris (Mzungu, Atley, Callinan)

Rucks: Sandilands, Petrie (Derickx, McCulloch)

Forwards: Chapman, Sylvia, N Riewoldt, Giansiracusa, Pavlich, Gamble, Prestia (Matera, Richardson, I Smith)

Just $300 in the bank

Swan has been the first picked in my team for the last few years...didn't think I'd see a team of mine without him in it. Will try to get him in if price drops during season

j959

just curious, can I ask why Scotland over Gibbs (besides the ~$13.5k differential)??
not sure about Toy's job security for a rookie on the field, given all those mature def GC recruits (Brown, Coad, Iles, N Krak, Bock, K Hunt, etc, etc).

strong midfield - see that you've put a bit of money in here ... i think Swan as an upgrade target is ok this year ...

fwd-line is strong too ... not sure on Gamble as your mid-pricer (despite decent NAB Cup Rd1 showing - not sure he'll do that thru the season)

blah128

I went Scotland as a bit unique but I'm thinking Gibbs will be a bit more consistent and higher scoring. I'm also considering giving up on the Petrie idea...maybe Cox and Sandi in the ruck. Gia inconsistent to so maybe he could go in place of a much cheaper player (maybe C Knights) to fund this. As for Toy and the bench backs I was hoping to get a better idea when round 1 teams are named to see which rookies are named. Toy might have to go given bye in round 1

blah128

...and A Krakouer in place of Gamble?

Crushemall

You're definitely gambling with Gamble however any mid pricer has a severe element of risk for one reason or another so they may as well be unique Scotland is solid Carlton will be on the up this year I like it well done

blah128

Gia can stay but Petrie is gone. Might not gamble on Gamble either. Trying to keep options as open as possible with MPP's. Will come in handy for the byes.

Backs: Goddard [mid], Scotland [mid], Deledio [mid], Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Coad (Faulks, Puopolo, Duigan)

Mids: Boyd, Montagna, Pendlebury, Bartel, D Swallow, Heppell [back] (Mzungu [fwd], Hibberd [back], Callinan [fwd])

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox (R Campbell, McCulloch)

Forwards: Chapman [mid], Sylvia [mid], N Riewoldt, Giansiracusa, Knights, A Krakouer [mid], Prestia [mid] (Matera, Richardson, I Smith [mid])

All the cash is there. $1,300 left