No. of Rookies in the Midfield

Started by c4v3m4n, February 01, 2011, 09:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Usman

2 swallow and harris but my other 4 players are premiums as thats were all the points are. are you going for leagueor overall? the more premium mids early the better for overall.

newfreofan

I'm trying something a little different and going with full premiums in forward, ruck and defense on the field except for Otten (def) and Knights (for), then Swan and sub-200k players in my mids. So my midfield reads; Swan, Krakoeur, Gaff, Harris, Swallow, Polec, Heppell, Mzungu, Atley. Enough MPP to cover most situations and hopefully bountiful funds and plenty of trades left come end of season. Hopefully  :P

dylsta05

Quote from: newfreofan on February 11, 2011, 03:27:43 PM
I'm trying something a little different and going with full premiums in forward, ruck and defense on the field except for Otten (def) and Knights (for), then Swan and sub-200k players in my mids. So my midfield reads; Swan, Krakoeur, Gaff, Harris, Swallow, Polec, Heppell, Mzungu, Atley. Enough MPP to cover most situations and hopefully bountiful funds and plenty of trades left come end of season. Hopefully  :P
could go either way i guess, i like to make my team as even as i can

Fletch74

Midfielders are the highest scoring players ultimately. By taking away some premium's in your mids you are most likely going to start the season off slower than others.

It will be a big gamble.

dylsta05

Quote from: Fletch74 on February 11, 2011, 03:44:15 PM
Midfielders are the highest scoring players ultimately. By taking away some premium's in your mids you are most likely going to start the season off slower than others.

It will be a big gamble.
i agree, if you stay in finals for the league you might win it,

newfreofan

Yeah. Worth a shot I reckon though - especially since I'm only going for the league win. Figured that since premiums cost less in the backs and forwards I can load up on them, and barring some sort of injury, lock them in for the whole journey. Saves me trades, just need to keep in touch with the top till mid season when I'll have upgraded my mids as well.

Will be an interesting experiment if nothing else.

Prospector_1

Quote from: newfreofan on February 12, 2011, 05:29:05 AM
Yeah. Worth a shot I reckon though - especially since I'm only going for the league win. Figured that since premiums cost less in the backs and forwards I can load up on them, and barring some sort of injury, lock them in for the whole journey. Saves me trades, just need to keep in touch with the top till mid season when I'll have upgraded my mids as well.

Will be an interesting experiment if nothing else.

I see no diff b/w this, and a "no mpp in the starting midfield' approach.