Mid Pricers - Who to pick and how many?

Started by Coochgrass, February 13, 2011, 02:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coochgrass

Just wondering how many (if any) midpricers coaches are looking at this year?
I have been considering players like; Rich, Dangerfield, Sidebottom, Tippet, Hurley, Shepard, Hiiggins, Varcoe, J.Grant...etc.  Yet to decide on a Guns & rookies approach or a 'Undervalued and breakout looming' stratagy.  Thoughts?

Prospector_1

Check the posts in strategy - I'll move this there soon.

Hydra

I have picked 0 players between the price of $216,000 and $428,000 (Petrie and Grimes, as well as Krakoeur at $200,000). I've gone purely cheapies and dearies.

However, I have opted for 3 rookies in my midfield, most people have put Liam Anthony or Foley in their midfield for example.

stewfoss

you'v gotta decide if you want more mid price and less premium, or more rookies and more premium.
until about 30 minutes ago i had 6 mids. now i only have 3 (if you count krakoeur)

Luigi197

i reckon 2 or 3. usually uniques. get them tho. start with 1 or 2 and u surely will add another 2 by round 6

bjrouse

I am sceptical of mid pricers.

The general progression of them goes something like
Year 1. Bottom Price. Score well for their price and increase dramatically in price. Great Cash Cow
Year 2. Mid Price. Hardly Improve or sometimes even go backwards. Not worth it and useless to your team at the end when they are only averaging 70-80ppg.

I look at them at the start, pencil them in and they end up not in my team. (Hope is always there)
I like premiums and bottom pricers where by the end of the season I am hitting 2200-2500 points per week.

Maca24

think you need a couple. evens out your team more i have found.

hoppys_hawks

thoughts on Higgins and L.Anthony in particular?
i'm a bit iffy on Higgins, but the word is he is in top condition this year (heard that somewhere before though!)