Main Menu

Pros And Cons

Started by RiOtChEsS, February 06, 2011, 03:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

wanted to get evryones opinions on 2 guns from the same team in one catergory eg Dane Swan Scott Pendlebury

byes aside do u see this being a problem?

benjy251090

Depending on how good your cover was for them. Swan and Pendles are not two good options though I feel as neither are MPP. But say you have God and Gilbert (Like I did at one stage) in the backline, you have endless possibilities for backup, where as you will only have your 3 bench players in the mids if you follow my drift?

pyronerd

i agree with benjy here, if at least 1 of them is MPP u should get away with it

RiOtChEsS

yeah absolutely so u think the main issue is with  byes and coverage rather than scoring?

nas

Quote from: benjy251090 on February 06, 2011, 03:20:45 PM
Depending on how good your cover was for them. Swan and Pendles are not two good options though I feel as neither are MPP. But say you have God and Gilbert (Like I did at one stage) in the backline, you have endless possibilities for backup, where as you will only have your 3 bench players in the mids if you follow my drift?

Agree & that way say god to mids as for 90% you would have Roo in fwds so then = 3 out for that round but only 1 per position / line

tferrier18

Absolutely right that the only issue is coverage for byes.

You should be right if you even have mpp on your bench i.e smith or mzungu and you could bring pav or chapstick into your mids if need be. With a bench of 3 players you should be right though, especially since collingwood have their first bye half way through the season, you'd be looking to downgrade your bench rookies at this point so you should be trading in rookies that are playing as well.

Swan/pendles is a safe option imo

ossie85

Given the Pies byes are the first team (besides the Gold Coast) to play there byes, IMO it makes Swan and Pendles (especially Swan) perfect upgrade targets.

But other sides - like St. Kilda (Monty, Godd, Hayes, Dal) and the Dogs (Boyd, Cooney, Cross) are safer IMO for having two in the same line.

Fletch74

Collingwood and St Kilda get rid of their byes early, thus having a one premium in one line is fine, but once that second bye is gone, they are the perfect upgrade targets for the remainder of the season.

I'd agree Ossie, that from a league perspective that the Saints and Bulldogs are safer to have 2 players from the same line, but they still have their second bye during one league match, the Bulldogs in Rd 20. You'd want to make sure that one of those players was MPP.

Usman

If your going for overall it may be the perfect oppurtunity for you to accumulate mass points while everyone else is looking to upgrade to them thankfully Collingwood have their byes on their own and with many mpp from b/m and f/m it will make it possible to cover for them IMO. I have both, you cant win overall without getting the best scoring players you can from day 1.

8-6 Suited

It's a case by case situation really.

RiOtChEsS

great stuff gentleman really good opinions...

im not scared of starting 2 from the same team in the one line later in the year bcos im always eyeing off the favourable matchups but for a whole season is a massive risk with the byes...