A little help for a newbie! - trade advice

Started by graphite, April 21, 2009, 12:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

graphite

hi all,
im new to supercoach and to fan footy site (great site), so would love some advice direction on my team. Havent been happy with cooney or sandilands so far, but still been cracking 2000+ until last round got just over 1800 :(
i have 17 trades left only and 16k in the bank.

any advice ? thinking of getting rid of hill for broughton (if he plays this week), to bring in Judd for cooney.

my other thought was sandilands for H.mcintosh, and sit on cooney for a while... or wait and do nothing. 

any advice appreciated :)

DEF
Goddard, Adcock, Pratt, Houlihan, Hodge, Malceski, Rance.
(Subs: Petrenko, Hill)

MID
Bartel, Kerr, Cooney, Rich, Ray, Lovett
(Subs: dangerfield, Beams)

RUCK
Jolly, Sandilands
(Subs: Jacobs, Spencer)

FOR
Higgins, Porplyzia, Pav, Fev, Buddy, Anthony, Ziebell
(thompson, thorp)

nas

blake2412

Cooney will back this week and he will bounce back for sure. he is a gun!
Do your Sandilands 4 H.mac trade. Cant see Sandi doing any good this year.

i'd look at upgradig lovett  to either judd or NDS as lovett is too inconsistent.

Watto

Yep,

Sandi to HMAC

Lovett to NDS/Judd (your choice)

graphite

thanks guys :)

i think ill go ahead with the hmac trade.

whats your thoughts on which kid i should trade to get the $ for judd/DS ?

do you think my idea of hill to broughton if he plays this week could be OK ?
or do you think its too early to ditch hill ? will his price keep going up ?

cheers!

Watto

Don't ditch Hill ...... yet

(At least have another look at Broughton (he might not even be named))

If nothing else it's a waste of a trade

graphite

thanks watto,
I wouldnt do anything till the teams are named and most likely till broughton is named for his third game. just thinking for future, coming weeks.

Watto

Yeah,
no point making a trade any earlier then finding out he's not playing.

Why would you???

And yes, might be a good option to get some $$$ with later

hibbo

Need Ablett plain & simple. Needed to base your team around him from the start. Will be hard to get him now, but i would suggest finding the cash anyway u can to get him in....

Also, i think u dug yourself into a hole by choosing Pav, Buddy, Fev and Anthony at the start of the season (or whenever u got them). They are all power forwards and therefore inconsistent. (Probably learnt that this week with Fev's pathetic score). Some weeks they will fire other weeks they won't. Keep Pav and Buddy, but look to offload Fev and Anthony over time i would say...

graphite

Thanks for your input hibbo, its all great knowledge in prep for next year :)

in your opinion who wouldve been better options instead of  fev and anthony with the forward combination i have ?

Hitman

Chuck Norris - Hibbo's right - no GAJ - no 2400 + scores for you.  Like your back line but it looks like you burnt some cash down back. I wouldn't spend a dime on Fev - he's a muppet. Only up when he feels in the mood. Your mids are seriously lightweight or unavailable - Cooney?? Sure Kerr gave you 143 but good luck getting that away from Subi. Another thing - Cox is a lock like GAJ. Take a punt on Bartel to go down like he did last year then grab him. Lovett ?????? Knights dislikes him intensely

Hondo71

Fev only needs to kick straight and keep his head and he'll average over 100 this year.

He's in the minority of players capable of the huge score more than once during the year.

I still think he's good value at $470K