Main Menu

New To FTP

Started by Doogie, January 30, 2011, 05:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie

Hey guys,
Just started playing ftp a few days ago.
Briefly whipped over the rules and newbie forums. Havent bothered with the mentoring, like to think i can get a handle on it myself (i hope). I think im slowly working it all out, match day orders and stuff i think is trial and error with your players.. but just wondering what the do's and dont's are when u 1st start or what u would've changed from how u started.
Cheers  ;)

Angry Beavers (NZ)

Bazinga

Welcome ..

I am relatively new myself, first thing to do is look for better players via the Transfer Market. Don't worry about listing your exixting players, cos they probably won't sell and it costs 1k to list a player.

Doogie

thanks mate.
Yeah i've already picked up a few players and just noticed u guys got a 'dibs' thing going. Sorry if i picked up any that u had dibs on  ::)  ;D
Seems like a pretty cool game tho..

roo boys!

Yeah it's really fun Doogie. Start by buying Reli/Reli players if possible (reliable batting or bowling and reliable technique) minimum and fire your worst starting players 1 by 1.

Alex7089

Welcome to the best cricket sim on the internet :)
I know you are going to enjoy it and us FF members are here to guide you on your path to complete domination of all opposing teams...Except me :P

First, look on the transfer market for any player with capable batting or bowling & technique. Or better.
Try not to spend over 50k on any one player, really you want to be under 30k.

Remember to take note of a players wage before them, anything over 7k you should probably avoid, it doesn't seem like much but over time it accumulates and you end up in the red ;)

You are right in that FTP is a learn as you go game, you can't exactly improve until you make mistakes. It really is a trial and error. Take a look at the market, even if you aren't interested in buying, just to get a feel for what players of certain skills are selling for, and when you find a player you want, set a price you would be willing to pay for them and don't go over it, this will prevent impulse bidding (hopefully) and overpaying.

MajorLazer

One don't is to not worry about a player's rating. Worry about their skills instead.

valkorum

You might be able to pick up some older more experienced players to start with as well - they should serve you well for a season or 2.  Around 27 - 30 years old, you might be able to pick up some accomplished/accomplished players for under $30k

Doogie

Yeah i stuffed up a few early pick ups in the market but getting the idea.
Thanks heaps guys and hopefully be givin ya's a go later down the track when i get decent team to field.

Cheers  ;)