Paul Puopolo and Nick Lower?

Started by MercsPower, January 18, 2011, 09:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MercsPower

Will Paul Puopolo and Nick Lower play? two experienced mature aged rookies both from the norwood football club? and at decent prices....

hawk_88

Puopolo is a chance. The Hawthorn backline is much less player centric and much more structured than the rest of the team which means players in form are more likely to get a game.

If he shows form then he should get games. On all reports he is doing well on the training track.

Don't know enough about Lower to help you with that.

McRooster

Generally playing as a small forward Paul Puopolo knows where to find the goals and is particularly strong at keeping the ball inside the forward 50 with tough tackling and hard chasing. Season 2008 saw Paul emerge as a running back pocket player when given the opportunity early in the season.
Lower has had a shot before. Norwood born and bred Nick was drafted to Port Adelaide with their first pick (30 overall) in the 2005 National Draft and played 4 AFL games in 2006. Nick's twin brother Ed is on the Kangaroos senior list.
Nathan Bassett has had a great first year as coach at Norwood, really ustilising the depth and maturity of his squad and integrating a tactical gameday plan. The finals game against Glenelg really showed the talents of the Norwood boys and in Bassetts tactics.
Reckon you can add in Nick Duigan too  ;)

MercsPower

slippery gypsy

puopolo is a quality wog, allo mercsss

MercsPower

valkorum

Remember that Lower is still rookie listed so would need to be elevated first before he gets a game

diddley

i have been keeping an eye on puopolo all preseason. was hoping no-one else would notice him. he is my smoky rookie going into this season.

Flemo

Puopolo will make a very interesting unique and from everything that I have read he may be worth a punt.

Nick Lower is a great SANFL player but IMO will never make it in the big league. He failed with Port Adelaide and his twin brother Ed is failing with Kangaroos when given more opportunities then Nick got.

MTTY

Both could play but i reckon Lower has a better chance

Boomz

Puopolo has a better chance but both will get a few games imo.

DamenS

Nick Lower would be more of a "unique" ... but that's just because he's a worse choice  ;D

Lots of people will have Puopolo - he is not a "smoky" by any stretch of the imagination !

dylsta05

puopolo im liking this kids style hopefully gets games! i think lower has a better chance of playing tho