First draft of many

Started by tnator, January 23, 2011, 10:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tnator

Here is the first version of many.

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, L. Gilbee, J. Drummond, A. Otten, B. Jacobs (J. Toy, M. Coad, N. Duigan)
MID: D. Swan, M. Murphy, J. Bartel, B. Vince, D. Swallow, A. Gaff (A. Krakouer, J. Green, T. Mzungu)
RUC: A. Sandilands, D Petrie  (J. Trengove (the port one), Z. Smith)
FWD: N. Riewoldt, L. Franklin, C. Rioli, T. Walker, C. Hitchcock, D. Prestia, J. Lamb (L. Tapscott, J. Butcher, I. Callinan)
I
CASH LEFT: $81,300

I think the forward line is the weak link.  Wondering what others think?  Thanks

pie time

Forwards a abit weak, try using the money you have left to upgrade, Walker is a interesting one, can have good games and then not be seen for afew weeks. Gilbee scores well, but cant stand soft outside players, that is the bulldogs problem. It's the same with GIA. They would not know what a hard ball get is...Prefer in DT if you are going to take gilbee.
Backs good just gilbee is my issue, rucks is the safe option ( Nothing wrong with that). Mids solid, just watch vince as tends to get injuries. Bartel is the interesting one....Might find will get tagged alot..So not sure how his scoring will go. Worth the risk as not many teams will have him.

Boomz

Quote from: tnator on January 23, 2011, 10:40:25 PM

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, L. Gilbee, J. Drummond, A. Otten, B. Jacobs (J. Toy, M. Coad, N. Duigan)
MID: D. Swan, M. Murphy, J. Bartel, B. Vince, D. Swallow, A. Gaff (A. Krakouer, J. Green, T. Mzungu)
FWD: N. Riewoldt, L. Franklin, C. Rioli, T. Walker, C. Hitchcock, D. Prestia, J. Lamb (L. Tapscott, J. Butcher, I. Callinan)
I

I think the forward line is the weak link.  Wondering what others think?  Thanks

Def: Solid line no problems.

Mid: 2 mids that miss in the finals if ur going for league (Bartel & MUrphy) will hurt u. Vince's knee scares me away... Other than that it's alright.

Rucks: Looks good but Trengove is too expensive to have on the bench when he isn't even in their best side...

Fwd: too weak... Get knights in for one of Hitchcock & Walker & try and get a premium for the other with the moeny u have and if u downgrade Trengove you'll have more...

7/10

Gooner

Trengove - only played a handful of games last year and isn't rookie priced.

Better options who are more likely to improve and better value.

Walker - unique, 3rd year player, could be a big improver, but could do nothing.  He's a risky pick, but it could come off.  Not a 4th forward though.

Hitchcock - better options out there, look to fit another premium into your forward line

Murphy and Bartel will both miss finals matches if you're playing for the league.  You'll need a gun 7th midfielder for finals if you play these two.

13 premiums by my count, which is fine.  The issue is that most of these premiums are lower end premiums and you could be at a disadvantage come finals time.

Luigi197

Quote from: tnator on January 23, 2011, 10:40:25 PM

I

Not sure about Gilbee, many people have now shyed away from him...
Murphy loooks good but would always prefer Judd; but you can keep him if u caan...
And u might wanna try Selwood over Bartel... Bartel isnt consistent all the time, he may be a good grab but Selwood is a proven performer and by the looks of teams on FF he could be a unique...
Weak forward... Get Harvey, Dids or Chap over Franklin or Rioli so u dont have both... If you are looking for money you could downgrade Gilbee, Drummond and/ore Vince to a rookie so it wouldnt hurt too much, then use that money to get at least Walker or Hitch to maybe Sidebottom or Sylvia or both if possible...
Also watch the amount of GCS u have and try get some MPP's in there...
and chek up on your byes also

Luigi :)

tnator

Thanks for the input guys and taken it on board.  Trengove out for Bailey.  Gilbee out for Shaw.  In the forward line Hitchcock and Franklin out for Didak and Pavlich.
At this stage sticking with the midfield and Walker in the forward line.  I'm shaw this will change before round 1.

Side Mk 2

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, P. Duffield,  H. Shaw, J. Drummond, A. Otten, B. Jacobs (J. Toy, M. Coad, N. Duigan)
RUC: A. Sandilands, D. Petrie (Z. Smith, M. Bailey)
FWD: N. Riewoldt, A. Didak, M. Pavlich, C. Rioli, T. Walker, D. Prestia, J. Lamb (L. Tapscott, J. Butcher, I. Callinan)
CASH LEFT: $86,100

Luigi197

better changes. good one,
but again.. is it 6 GC players... might wanna switch your rookies but prob will when pre-season comes

BoredSaint

not sure about walker at this stage.. but i could be wrong

tnator

: BoredSaint  : Yesterday at 09:25:45 PM 

Me niether.  Hoping it will be a breakout year for Walker.;D  But hey, i like many got burnt thinking that about Tippett last year.  :-[

BoredSaint

Quote from: tnator on January 25, 2011, 01:59:31 PM
: BoredSaint  : Yesterday at 09:25:45 PM 

Me niether.  Hoping it will be a breakout year for Walker.;D  But hey, i like many got burnt thinking that about Tippett last year.  :-[
same with me for tippett

Gooner

Dids and Heater are both guns and should be in your team by the end of the season, but given that the Pies are one of the first teams to get their byes out of the way and have them both in rounds with league matches, I'd look at them more as upgrade targets.

BoredSaint

i see a lot of teams with jed lamb in there.. but can he get a game at the swans right now? might be a bit hard to squeeze into that fwd line..

Luigi197

yea dont see Lamb as a starter in the Swans

MTTY

Backline- Really good backline

Midfield- Pretty good midfield but with Vince's injury and his preseason progress may want to watch his nab games very closely

Rucks- Wouldnt pick Trengove go a rookie so you can upgrade in your forwad line.

Forwards- Pick one of Walker or Hitchcock and one of Lamb or Prestia to start on field.

Overall 8/10

tnator

Side Mk 3. - Yet more changes which i've highlighted.  Gotta love this time of the year with footy just around the corner.  Any comments appreciated.

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, P. Duffield, B. Staker, A. Otten, B. Jacobs (M. Coad, J. Brennan, N. Duigan)
MID: D. Swan, M. Murphy, J. Bartel, B. Vince, D. Swallow, A. Gaff (S. Atley, S. Iles, T. Mzungu)
RUC: A. Sandilands, D. Petrie (Z. Smith, M. Bailey)
FWD: N. Riewoldt, L. Franklin, A. Didak, M. Hurley, T. Walker, P. Veszpremi, A. Krakouer (B. Matera, L. Tapscott, I. Callinan)
CASH LEFT: $16,100