First in a long line of many Drafts

Started by dabombers, January 10, 2011, 03:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

gotta say i dont think danger is worth being a fwd let alone a mid

dabombers

Trying to find my last Premium Mid is getting hard with Byes crossing over and trying not to get a guy who has a bye in the last 3 rounds.
Really want a Judd or maybe even a Watson but cant get them in.

dabombers

Another change again

DEF: B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, J. Grimes, A. Otten, D. Heppell, B. Jacobs (M. Coad, R. Lester, J. Toy)
MID: B. Goddard, S. Pendlebury, B. Sewell, L. Shuey, D. Swallow, A. Gaff (R. Conca, A. Krakouer, T. Mzungu)
RUC: A. Sandilands, P. Ryder (M. Bailey, M. Daw)
FWD: P. Chapman, N. Riewoldt, M. Pavlich, R. O'Keefe, M. Morton, K. Tippett, D. Prestia (J. Darling, B. Matera, L. Tapscott)
CASH LEFT: $80,800

Might take a punt on Sewell or Mitchell. They cant screw me 2 years in a row.

dylsta05

i think goddard should start back and you need another prem in mids, also be carefall with essendon players since they have a bye in grand final week

dabombers

If I put goddard back It removes his MPP as thats where he will end up after his last bye. Goddards scores are a bit iffy though on whether he is captain material and will keep his scores around the same level.
He is only in the team as he is the most expensive. I will probably drop him to backs or totally if I think one of my other guys aren't doing that great pre-season.

Still a lot of planning to go with trades and byes an such, just seeing what kind of teams I can fit under the cap with players I really want.

dabombers

Now I'm just stuffing around got this team together in 5 mins but I think I like it the most. Room for cashgrowth,,, got the rookies I like so far,,,
A few MPP's esp the ruck Fwd combo...

I'm just seeing what combos can be made up.... Hope I dont enter the wrong one only to look back and see a stuff around one like this would have been the winner.....

dabombers

opps forgot to put the team in.....LOL

here it is,,, (now push control V)........

DEF: B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, J. Grimes, R. Shaw, D. Heppell, B. Jacobs (M. Coad, D. Talia, J. Toy)
MID: B. Goddard, S. Pendlebury, J. Watson, N. Foley, L. Shuey, D. Swallow (A. Gaff, S. Atley, A. Krakouer)
RUC: A. Sandilands, P. Ryder (D. Petrie, M. Bailey)
FWD: N. Riewoldt, M. Pavlich, R. O'Keefe, J. Garlett, K. Tippett, P. Veszpremi, D. Prestia (J. Darling, B. Matera, T. Mzungu)
CASH LEFT: $18,700

BoredSaint

youve spent a bit on the bench which is fine IMO
dunno about ryder.. he seems popular but i dunno he just doesnt click for me
and the forward line is quite vulnerable especially garlett and veszpremi

dabombers

cheers bored saint.... Was just mucking around with the last one but it looked tasty with enough risk vs reward....

Luigi197

okeefe and garlett arent consistent enough for me..

dabombers

spent a bit more time on this team. Going the rookie/guns method with the exception of the midfield as I think Shuey and Foley are too good and cheap to miss. Been trying to reduce my GC players down to a reasonable number. Funily enough I dont have any Geelong players, probably should get one but think some values might change without a certain player there and what to find out what their structure is like. Also No Swans, would love Jack in there, R.Shaw is tempting as a mid pricer and dont know why but was impressed with kennedy's  last few games last season.

Any way here's my new team with a bit of cash held back for a few late changes. gonna sit on this one for a while so tear it to shreds.

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, J. Grimes, A. Otten, B. Jacobs, J. Cripps (M. Coad, M. Hibberd, J. Toy)
MID: S. Pendlebury, J. Watson, M. Boyd, N. Foley, L. Shuey, D. Swallow (A. Gaff, S. Atley, R. Lester)
RUC: P. Ryder, D. Jolly (D. Petrie, Z. Smith)
FWD: N. Riewoldt, A. Didak, M. Pavlich, C. Rioli, S. Day, A. Krakouer, I. Smith (J. Darling, T. Mzungu, L. Tapscott)
CASH LEFT: $422,300

MTTY

. Unique backs in Selwood, Hurley, Lester and Watson, make sure that Lester is getting gametime and watch to see Hurley's role as i will only be considering him if he is playing at HF for the bombers.

. Very unique line, Dangerfield breakout?, i think he will but dont have the stomach to go for him.

. I reckon, its a gutsy move that could pay off to not pick sandi, oh and Day is no longer going to be a ruck.

. Pretty unique line, make sure Didak is still at his best after his surgery, and that Watts is playing well in nab.

overall 8.5/10

dabombers

New Team New strategy going with a loaded backline, and I know Mids is weak but looking at early cash cow upgrades.

BackStrength Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by dabombers. Salary cap left: $3,500.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Corey Enright, Paul Duffield, Courtenay Dempsey, Andy Otten, Ben Jacobs
Josh Toy, Jamie Cripps, Paul Puopolo

Dane Swan, Jobe Watson, Nathan Foley, Brock McLean, David Swallow, Andrew Gaff
Jared Polec, Dyson Heppell, Tendai Mzungu

Patrick Ryder, Darren Jolly
Zac Smith, Joel Tippett

Nick Riewoldt, Lance Franklin, Matthew Pavlich, Adam Goodes, Kurt Tippett, Jack Watts, Sam Day
Andrew Krakouer, Isaac Smith, Ariel Steinberg

Luigi197

Quote from: dabombers on January 27, 2011, 06:44:31 PM
New Team New strategy going with a loaded backline, and I know Mids is weak but looking at early cash cow upgrades.

BackStrength Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by dabombers. Salary cap left: $3,500.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Corey Enright, Paul Duffield, Courtenay Dempsey, Andy Otten, Ben Jacobs
Josh Toy, Jamie Cripps, Paul Puopolo

Dane Swan, Jobe Watson, Nathan Foley, Brock McLean, David Swallow, Andrew Gaff
Jared Polec, Dyson Heppell, Tendai Mzungu

Patrick Ryder, Darren Jolly
Zac Smith, Joel Tippett

Nick Riewoldt, Lance Franklin, Matthew Pavlich, Adam Goodes, Kurt Tippett, Jack Watts, Sam Day
Andrew Krakouer, Isaac Smith, Ariel Steinberg

a nice clean team..

not sold on Dempasy as he really isnt the best e coujld be atm...
interesting mids... would upgrade one of foley or mclean to a premium... polec and heppel cost too much to b on your bench..
good rucs
loose tippet and watts for a good mid-pricer and an almost premium

not bad. 7.75/10

Luigi :)

dabombers

New train of thought is that I will have to do the calculations but I'm not sure if I will put any Ultra-Premiums in my next side, Might go to the smaller end of the Prem range and get more 500k players less 550k-plus players. It will greatly improve my side with more mid-low priced improvers and guys guaranteed to get game time.

Some names I'm tossing round are K.Jack, Stanton, and others in that range
And less of the Judd, Ablett, Swan, Goddard types. A big risk but balance seems to be the main theme for this year.